British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Don't think we need anyone to replace him. Rob Sensical is quite capable to do the job on his own.

Agree... CP did make some awful announcing errors, rider names, teams rode for, and didn't like any form of coaching.....

Bit to me, me, me, & what I like goes.....

I thought he'd already jacked it because of his Isle Of Wight job jobby?

He said on FaceBook yesterday that he is made more welcome at IOW and he is happy there but no longer is so at Leicester. He said he is sad to have taken such a step after all the years that he had been involved with Leicester Speedway.

Chris Popple resigns as presenter claiming that there is an undercurrent of bad feeling towards him making it untenable to continue.

Nah...he was sacked!
  • Like 1

Good Choice in Jim Lynch, Spoke well at the NSSC meeting. Apart from the bit about Coventry being the only team he would go back to team management for :lol:

That aside, I am sure with a few changes early on he will do well.

Having worked alongside Chris Popple both in the LSSC and as part of the original campaign, I've seen first hand what enthusiasm and energy he brought to the task. Whatever your views on him as a presenter (and one man's meat will always be another man's poison) there's been no denying his passion for Leicester Speedway over the years. Such a shame that certain elements seem incapable of either respect or appreciation. Speedway in the UK depends on goodwill and some promotions and management people would do well to remember that.

Anyway, I would like to wish him all the best and hope that he enjoys his speedway down at the IOW, where it has to be said, they know how to look after people a whole lot better than they do at Leicester.

• Like 5

The club could do with people like Chris Popple with his enthusiasm etc but over the years I have heard rumours of fall outs between Chris & key members of staff.

the club is clearly going forward under the Bates regime & they are clearing out the people they deem surplus to requirements & the bad apples on that basis I back their decision.

Chris Popple nice bloke , poor presenter.

Chris Popple resigns as presenter claiming that there is an undercurrent of bad feeling towards him making it untenable to continue.

• Like 1

Nah...he was sacked!

They obviously have told you it would have been nice if they'd have told him but heyho

• Like 1

Seems the track work is all done and fingers crossed it produces some great racing in 2017.

When is it going to be tested out? Or will riders not get a chance until P&P? Love to hear some feedback by a rider on the new shape.

The track work is not finished. Still a bit to do . Drains need to be finished off, the track surface needs to harden up. We can't get any shale for 6 weeks as the clay pits have a water problem.So we are trying to find an other supplier.

But all in all its 90% finished and the airfence is up. A great job and very good day from the volunteers . So with a bit of good weather this week and some shale we are hoping to be ready very soon.

Glyn

Have to get Gem to get her broom out and fly over it with a camera :wink:

• Like 1

. We can't get any shale for 6 weeks as the clay pits have a water problem.So we are trying to find an other supplier.

Glyn

Coventry have a pile of the stuff on their centre that doesn't stand much chance of being used this year. :wink:

Love to hear some feedback by a rider on the new shape.

Don't think it really matters as when the track was built I can't remember any riders criticizing it after having a ride around.

......A ORLOV...........Have to get Gem to get her broom out and fly over it with a camera :wink:

Cheeky sod. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

The track work is not finished. Still a bit to do . Drains need to be finished off, the track surface needs to harden up. We can't get any shale for 6 weeks as the clay pits have a water problem.So we are trying to find an other supplier.

But all in all its 90% finished and the airfence is up. A great job and very good day from the volunteers . So with a bit of good weather this week and some shale we are hoping to be ready very soon.

Glyn

Have you managed to find some fresh dry shale?

It sounds like a few clubs are going all out to make sure the Bees keep riding this season. It would be great news if every club would find track time for them. Even a few meetings against the Premier league, just as long as it keeps the Bees team in the limelight. To big a name to lose to the sport. The last thing they need is to be out on a limb for 20 years are the Lions where.

• Like 3