British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Great moves by Leicester to replace a rider who was never going to be there and an extremely inconsistent one with two Brits who will score well. Granted there will be fixture clashes but should mostly be able to get decent guests.

• Like 1

Could be good for business too, with some bees fans looking for their speedway fix.

Got to be honest I had a quick look at the fixtures last night.

The lateness of the decision doesn't sound right to me. Surely this could have been done much earlier in the day and helped all the riders involves. I feel sorry for the 2 dropped riders but then again bringing in 2 British has to be beneficial to those concerned. Considering Coventry decision was made weeks ago, moves like this were spoken of then, but we wait till all press, race gear dates have been sorted. then it all changes again. Don't project the sport in a good light. at the eve of the season....

Obviously Leicester will be a better team from these changes and that has to be good,

• Like 1

The lateness of the decision appears to be because of the extra dates for which the two dropped riders wouldn't be available only just coming to light.

Maybe Lebvedes can guest for the lions during the season

He cant guest without a team place in Britain.

What a complete load of expletives. I am glad that King & Bates are being fully utilised by the leagues in their home nation, but gutted Lebedevs won't be in Britain this year. As far as I was aware he had signed for a Polish Ekstraliga so will be rarely used. I'm certain this change of Lions team is totally down to the confusion & controversy added to the inability of the BSPA to decide what average a SGP & SWC experienced Latvian should start the year as average wise. It is now clear that Ford & CVS think Lebedevs will be too strong a reserve for the GB Speedway Premierrthing.... ****s!

I knew you would think it is all Matt Ford's fault. Makes sense to me. Lebedevs probably more expensive too.

He didn't say it was all Maud's fault, he blamed CVS too ;)

As conspiracy theories go that's a good un.

The late change in the team is due to Lebedevs informing the club that he would not be there for the opening meeting and for Somerset as he was required in Poland and also that Wroclaw have said that he will need to practice on Saturdays to be considered for the team until he can prove his form.

I am very disappointed that he is not coming as think he would have been exciting and a good signing. Wolbert was just unlucky that the average fitted to make the change, he had also informed the club after signing that he would be doing GP and SEC Qualifying so likely to be some clashes too

I also understand that the meetings that King and Bates misses will see good guests being used including some former Lions being Klindt,Paddy H,Lasse,Ludvig

Bates making Gary May look like a Saint

Good move though

First match at home to Swindon King will be missin gas he's riding for Ipswich at Berwick. Harris would have been the ideal replacement but he is in action for Rye House on the same date against Wolves. There is also the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue which no doubt will also prevent Leicester from securing the services of a suitable guest. So all in all not a very good start is it.

Ruthless, but the right decision in my opinion if the riders dropped would miss matches to ride abroad. Next season, the BSPA should only allow riders that prioritise our leagues to ride here.

• Like 2

First match at home to Swindon King will be missin gas he's riding for Ipswich at Berwick. Harris would have been the ideal replacement but he is in action for Rye House on the same date against Wolves. There is also the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue which no doubt will also prevent Leicester from securing the services of a suitable guest. So all in all not a very good start is it.

So will the match be on or will the track suddenly not be ready?

What a complete load of expletives. I am glad that King & Bates are being fully utilised by the leagues in their home nation, but gutted Lebedevs won't be in Britain this year. As far as I was aware he had signed for a Polish Ekstraliga so will be rarely used. I'm certain this change of Lions team is totally down to the confusion & controversy added to the inability of the BSPA to decide what average a SGP & SWC experienced Latvian should start the year as average wise. It is now clear that Ford & CVS think Lebedevs will be too strong a reserve for the GB Speedway Premierrthing.... ****s!

What confusion?

Lebedevs was announced as a 7 ages ago.

• Like 1

Well done Leicester. Lebedevs may as well be a Pole and they should no longer be welcome in British speedway. Also riders who aren't honest about their other commitments when signing should be shown the door.

Two Brits now with extra jobs, great stuff.

Now Wolves, Somerset, Poole and Peterborough, Workington and Sheffield need to give their teams a good hard look and make some pro-British decisions.

• Like 1

Well done Leicester. Lebedevs may as well be a Pole and they should no longer be welcome in British speedway. Also riders who aren't honest about their other commitments when signing should be shown the door.

Two Brits now with extra jobs, great stuff.

Now Wolves, Somerset, Poole and Peterborough, Workington and Sheffield need to give their teams a good hard look and make some pro-British decisions.

Perhaps you would like wolves to sack Skornicki and Masters and bring in Stefan Nielsen and James Sarjeant???

Skornicki is riding on a British licence this year.