British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Understand not all Swindon fans live in Swindon. But as he did not state that he lived elsewhere I am not to know. I guess Gemini you must know where grachan lives as you quote 400 miles round trip. Swindon to Leicester is no more than 100 miles. My point is, if you are going to stay away then that's fine but please do not rubbish the meeting, which may affect others who read this forum.

I'm not rubbishing the meeting. I'm a casual attendee these days and this one appealed as it is a Saturday.

I have a hotel booked and everything and that!

All I ask is confirmation that the track has been tested and is ok before making my 'nothing' 200 mile round trip. I don't think that's too much to ask in light of the problens at Belle Vue and Poole.

• Like 1

Not exactly what you said, is it? Quote, That's me out then. Saw this coming a mile off ! Up to you what you do, nothing to do with me to be honest, I will be there, I am also sure if it is not on for whatever reason then plenty of warning would be given.

I will take walk up to the track today, see if anyone is there, see what info I can get for you?

Thanks BTFC that would be useful. I also and wondering whether to attend and i only live a 4 miles away so any insight would be appreciated.

Apparently the promotion were on the box last night saying the track would definitely be ok.

Not exactly what you said, is it? Quote, That's me out then. Saw this coming a mile off ! Up to you what you do, nothing to do with me to be honest, I will be there, I am also sure if it is not on for whatever reason then plenty of warning would be given.

I will take walk up to the track today, see if anyone is there, see what info I can get for you?

Yeah, because the track is apparently not suitable. I began to be concerned as soon as I saw comments saying that the track was expected to be fine. Up to that point I wasn't aware that it wasn't expected to be fine. So I decided to wait and see what happened in practice before making a decision.

The weather forecast might put me off anyway I the end!

I lost confidence in speedway meetings actually being on many years ago, so apologies for my apparent pessimism!

OK - What exactly are the rules for guests / replacements this year .... assuming Danny King, Josh Auty and Josh Bates are absent this weekend ?

Presumably we can deploy two guests and rider replacement albeit r/r in the team proper and not for a reserve ?

Paddy Hougaard would be a good guest for Danny King .... Nicolai Klindt if it was for Josh Auty .... ??? for Josh Bates .....

Anybody know yet .... cheers - roll on Sat !

Understand not all Swindon fans live in Swindon. But as he did not state that he lived elsewhere I am not to know. I guess Gemini you must know where grachan lives as you quote 400 miles round trip. Swindon to Leicester is no more than 100 miles. My point is, if you are going to stay away then that's fine but please do not rubbish the meeting, which may affect others who read this forum.

Yes, sorry I shouldn't be looking at AA routes late at night as my brain has probably already gone to sleep. :lol: Roughly 109 miles from Swindon to Leicester. I do know grachan and where he lives, unless he's moved, and it's probably the same distance. As to your other remarks I'm afraid this is a forum for people's opinions and some of us are concerned about the track and until there is a statement from the promoters saying everything is fine it's a bit of a worry whether to travel or not. I doubt if anyone would take notice of what I've said or grachan but will make up their own mind.

OK - What exactly are the rules for guests / replacements this year .... assuming Danny King, Josh Auty and Josh Bates are absent this weekend ?

Presumably we can deploy two guests and rider replacement albeit r/r in the team proper and not for a reserve ?

Paddy Hougaard would be a good guest for Danny King .... Nicolai Klindt if it was for Josh Auty .... ??? for Josh Bates .....

Why is Josh Bates missing? I thought it was just King and Auty.

• Like 1

Yes, sorry I shouldn't be looking at AA routes late at night as my brain has probably already gone to sleep. :lol: Roughly 109 miles from Swindon to Leicester. I do know grachan and where he lives, unless he's moved, and it's probably the same distance. As to your other remarks I'm afraid this is a forum for people's opinions and some of us are concerned about the track and until there is a statement from the promoters saying everything is fine it's a bit of a worry whether to travel or not. I doubt if anyone would take notice of what I've said or grachan but will make up their own mind.

Why is Josh Bates missing? I thought it was just King and Auty.

108.1 miles from where I live according to Google. :)

The thing is, this being the opening meeting of the season, a Saturday night and Swindon's opening fixture there seems to be an ideal opportunity to attract away fans here going to waste.

• Like 1

Don't think Bates is missing, just Auty & King I think. Klindt is the obvious replacement for Auty. King is more difficult, Rye House & Wolves meet each other so none of their riders available. Then it's the Peter Craven Memorial Trophy at Belle Vue, which if the field hasn't changed rules out Belle Vues riders, all of Somersets heat-leaders including Houggard. Pooles top 2 have higher averages than King, Kurtz is at Belle Vue. From Kings Lynn Holder's average is too high, Lambert is riding for Newcastle & Batchelor is at Belle Vue. So unless there's someone I've missed can only see R/R for King.

Don't think Bates is missing, just Auty & King I think. Klindt is the obvious replacement for Auty. King is more difficult, Rye House & Wolves meet each other so none of their riders available. Then it's the Peter Craven Memorial Trophy at Belle Vue, which if the field hasn't changed rules out Belle Vues riders, all of Somersets heat-leaders including Houggard. Pooles top 2 have higher averages than King, Kurtz is at Belle Vue. From Kings Lynn Holder's average is too high, Lambert is riding for Newcastle & Batchelor is at Belle Vue. So unless there's someone I've missed can only see R/R for King.

Try Klindt for King and Lasse for Auty. 😉

Lots of work been done, I have been told its all good !! soft spot had been dealt with, People been working very hard by the looks of it. I have watched heavy machinery driving over it and it looks solid.

• Like 2

Lots of work been done, I have been told its all good !! soft spot had been dealt with, People been working very hard by the looks of it. I have watched heavy machinery driving over it and it looks solid.

Are you connected to the club BTFC Lion?

No just a fan,

Thanks for the info

I like you are looking forward to the new season and a new beginning, I didn't go much last season for a few reasons really but am excited about the changes that have gone about in such a short space of time.

I'm no track expert but it can't be easy preparing a track in a month with all the wet weather we have had.

So fingers crossed for the team,the track and the promotion

Good luck to them all and we should all get behind them as it could have been a whole different story if they hadn't have stepped up

Shirl

• Like 4