British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Lots of work been done, I have been told its all good !! soft spot had been dealt with, People been working very hard by the looks of it. I have watched heavy machinery driving over it and it looks solid.

It is down to what Doyle says at the end of the day.

Robert72- I think you will find Jason Doyle very keen to get this meeting on as we all know how he now has a dislike to Saturday nights as it interrupts his plans for Poland on a Sunday. So he will want to get this meeting done if he can as knows he will only have to come back another Saturday and also that at this point of the season will be a nice little earner as obviously no money yet for Polish or Swedish racing

• Like 1

Difference is this time we won't have a track curator who will get in the tractor & do what Doyle asks

It is down to what Doyle says at the end of the day.

The Saturday night race night appears still to be presenting problems to the club in terms of securing the availability of riders, not just because of Poland but also because of doubling up. This Saturday we are missing two of the team for the second home match in succession.

The club needs to field a team the home fans can relate to on a consistent basis in order to grow the support. Having 5 from 7 available is not the answer and it seems the best way to see the full team is to go to away matches i.e. like last night v Wolves.

Is it time for the promotion to consider a switch to Fridays - now that Coventry are not running? -

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

Is it time for the promotion to consider a switch to Fridays - now that Coventry are not running?

Without checking the double up riders fixture lists would that help? Personally I still think Saturday nights are best for getting bigger attendances and encouraging away/neutral fans to attend as Friday traffic is usually horrendous. That's the reason I won't be going to Peterborough this season, other than their Sunday matches, as I have to get from one side of Leicester to the other to pick up the A47.

On the subject of fixture clashes one of the news items on the Lions website today says the meeting with Somerset on the 24/06 as been moved to the 10/06 with the co-operation of Somerset so Lions can field their full side, King & Riss would have been missing , which is great news. Whilst I was looking at the fixtures I noticed that the Swindon meeting which was on the 29th July ( even in last Saturdays programme) is now listed as being on Monday 17th July, just 2 days after the Kings Lynn meeting on Sat, the 15th, it seems odd to have 2 home meetings in 3 days, I'm wondering if it's been changed for TV coverage. There is no news item or notification on the website as to why it's been altered. It also seems odd that this is the first day of the school holidays, & lots of people will be away, so would have thought this would effect the crowd. Personally speaking I purchased a season ticket on the basis I wouldn't miss any meetings, I go away on the 17th, so am now going to miss this. :mad:

I think that you may have found that the website administrator has jumped the gun a little bit by adding the revised Swindon date to the fixture list.

All clubs have been given their TV fixtures and is just waiting for a press release from BT Sport and BSPA to confirm all the dates and matches.

On the subject of fixture clashes one of the news items on the Lions website today says the meeting with Somerset on the 24/06 as been moved to the 10/06 with the co-operation of Somerset so Lions can field their full side, King & Riss would have been missing , which is great news. Whilst I was looking at the fixtures I noticed that the Swindon meeting which was on the 29th July ( even in last Saturdays programme) is now listed as being on Monday 17th July, just 2 days after the Kings Lynn meeting on Sat, the 15th, it seems odd to have 2 home meetings in 3 days, I'm wondering if it's been changed for TV coverage. There is no news item or notification on the website as to why it's been altered. It also seems odd that this is the first day of the school holidays, & lots of people will be away, so would have thought this would effect the crowd. Personally speaking I purchased a season ticket on the basis I wouldn't miss any meetings, I go away on the 17th, so am now going to miss this. :mad:

I to bought a season ticket and now cannot attend on the rearranged Somerset date. Annoying really as I studied the fixture list before committing and decided that health permitting I would be able to attend 100%. Hope no more such changes are in the pipeline.

• Like 1

Season ticket holders should be given a pro-rata refund for any fixture change, shouldn't be any quibbles about it. Basic customer relations stuff.

Season ticket holders should be given a pro-rata refund for any fixture change, shouldn't be any quibbles about it. Basic customer relations stuff.

Rubbish! So those that can attend rearranged matches should also get a pro-rata refund then. It is no good relying on the fixture list when buying a season ticket because some fixtures are always changed. I would bet that the televised fixtures were not available when you bought your ticket.

Rubbish! So those that can attend rearranged matches should also get a pro-rata refund then. It is no good relying on the fixture list when buying a season ticket because some fixtures are always changed. I would bet that the televised fixtures were not available when you bought your ticket.

Bladderash! Moving a match by a day or two is fine, happens a lot in many sports (and yes, as a Leicester Tigers season ticket holder it's unfortunately become part and parcel); rain-offs are "force majeure" and so no compo there for season ticket holders - unless it's never re-staged of course!;but moving a match by a whole week or two, or three, I think that is a very different matter.

Just looking at BT Sports speedway coverage and here are the meeting being shown of the Lions.

Mon 17th Leicester v Swindon

Mon 14th August Somerset v Leicester

So that is about twice the amount of meetings that Sky showed last season. Not a bad start.

Just looking at BT Sports speedway coverage and here are the meeting being shown of the Lions.

Mon 17th Leicester v Swindon

Mon 14th August Somerset v Leicester

So that is about twice the amount of meetings that Sky showed last season. Not a bad start.

We have only ever seen Eastbourne and Swindon on the TV.

Bladderash! Moving a match by a day or two is fine, happens a lot in many sports (and yes, as a Leicester Tigers season ticket holder it's unfortunately become part and parcel); rain-offs are "force majeure" and so no compo there for season ticket holders - unless it's never re-staged of course!;but moving a match by a whole week or two, or three, I think that is a very different matter.

Yes, it gives you more time to rearrange your schedule