British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Anybody know what the track length is now? Website still says 302m, which is what it was last year.

300m according to last Saturday's programme.
  • Like 1

That's what it said.

It's irrelevant really anyway as no one rides the inside all the way round lol

Just for the record we took 6 meters off the inside of turns 1 and 2 this is at the apex of the turn and the new length is 300.1 meters.

Glyn

• Like 2

Just for the record we took 6 meters off the inside of turns 1 and 2 this is at the apex of the turn and the new length is 300.1 meters.

Glyn

Thats good, will suit us down to the ground... Same size as Poole and Somerset... :t:

Glyn

It's sad that you have gone again glyn as you did a good job,Do you think another return will be happen as you have gone a few times now and then returned ?

Thats good, will suit us down to the ground... Same size as Poole and Somerset... :t:

Yes you need all the help you can get.

It's sad that you have gone again glyn as you did a good job,Do you think another return will be happen as you have gone a few times now and then returned ?

I don't think so, the track since had been awful.. GT treated like a disposable commodity, which is wrong.. Not only can he prepare a race circuit, but he gets the best out of antiquated equipment!! If he hasn't got it, he makes it!!

The bowser broke down last night, an hour before the start, if GT had been there it would have been repaired straight away, even if it only did the meeting, he would have got it working....

I have never seen so much track lamination, ruts, bumps, and out by the fence was a minefield....

It's a shame, but I don't think Glyn will be back, I hope he gets another gig sorted asap, he knew every nook and cranny of the Leicester circuit, he will be sorely missed.. Treated very poorly by the club...

• Like 4

Not the only one treated poorly by the club. Like him or hate him there is a big Chris Popple gap in the presentation which has gone downhill since last season and it's sad not to see the smiley face of Danielle at the gate. :neutral:

It's nice to be able to use the buggy to get up the hill as it's a long walk from the shopping centre but even that was struggling last night and almost at a standstill. It actually stopped altogether at one point and someone got off and helped push it, which is not really the point of it as if we use it then like me we probably have mobility problems. Surely knowing its going to be used regularly backwards and forwards on a Saturday night the batteries could have been fully charged up beforehand.

• Like 1

I don't think so, the track since had been awful.. GT treated like a disposable commodity, which is wrong.. Not only can he prepare a race circuit, but he gets the best out of antiquated equipment!! If he hasn't got it, he makes it!!

The bowser broke down last night, an hour before the start, if GT had been there it would have been repaired straight away, even if it only did the meeting, he would have got it working....

I have never seen so much track lamination, ruts, bumps, and out by the fence was a minefield....

It's a shame, but I don't think Glyn will be back, I hope he gets another gig sorted asap, he knew every nook and cranny of the Leicester circuit, he will be sorely missed.. Treated very poorly by the club...

I thought the track looked awful yesterday, badly prepared and the riders deserved better.

Crowds will drop with what was seen last night.

I thought the track looked awful yesterday, badly prepared and the riders deserved better.

Crowds will drop with what was seen last night.

That's what I have just said, bloody awful, and that's an understatement.. Some of the ruts i'd need ladders to get in and out of!!

Good to see Josh Auty scored 14 today for Scunthorpe. Hopefully this will kick start his season. Him, King and Gomolski have been underperforming so far. If those three race like they can then we really will be a force to be reckoned with this season

That's what I have just said, bloody awful, and that's an understatement.. Some of the ruts i'd need ladders to get in and out of!!

have you been sacked by any chance?

have you been sacked by any chance?

Is Terry Chrabaszcz, the new Lion's track curator, the Guy who was track curator at Coventry? I seem to remember there was some controversy over the way he prepared the track there. Does anyone know his background? There has been nothing on the Lion's website about his appointment. His name has suddenly appeared in the list of Leicester officials.

Edited by Happy Hunter