British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I'm amazed nobody has signed Bjerre. He's a bargain in his average. I said so when Coventry signed him and I stand by it now a few meeting in.

I think lasse will be a Leicester rider before the next league match, he is popular with the fans and the promotion needs to make changes now.

I think lasse will be a Leicester rider before the next league match, he is popular with the fans and the promotion needs to make changes now.

Agree but for who??

Agree but for who??

Can't see it myself. Auty would be the obvious one to make way for Lasse and I don't think dropping a British rider, or making team changes this early would go down well.

If a move is made for Lasse I would expect it to be for Josh Auty as you don't want any more doubling up riders than you already have.

The only downside I can see is when Sheffield have clashes it will mean missing Bates & Bjerre

Agree but for who??

Auty but I think gomolski and Ayres should be replaced plus look into replacing king if he is missing anymore meetings, one meeting out of three is not good enough and who made him captain ?

Impressed with Nilsson,Riss and Bates

Bjerre is better than Auty & is the obvious change really, it would certainly strengthed the team. It would be a little harsh on Auty as he's only had 1 home meeting so far & not done alot wrong, but for the sake of the team it would be the right thing to do. The only thing as Flagrag mentioned is that it would mean Bates & Bjerre missing when Sheffield are riding. Also it would give Lions an extra 0.37 to play with average wise plus the 0.63 they are under the limit, meaning a whole point spare before the average changes in May. With that I think they should be looking to replace Ayres, who despite his best efforts & no -one could accuse him of not trying ( sometimes think he tries too hard for his own good), seems to struggle to get round without coming to grief or impeding his team mate. Replacing Auty with Bjerre would mean Lions could replace Ayres with someone up to 4.61.

Auty but I think gomolski and Ayres should be replaced plus look into replacing king if he is missing anymore meetings, one meeting out of three is not good enough and who made him captain ?

Impressed with Nilsson,Riss and Bates

That's a lot of changes to make in one go. I think Ayres has been dealt a bit of a crock. 1st season in the league and the protection has gone. He needs time. I'd stick with him. I hope Kim is advising him and he won't go far wrong

Lasse had terrible injuries year before last, so in 2016 I think he was struggling for points a bit early doors and have heard said he wasn't all that happy with Redcar. So his end of year average probably reflected all that.

As for having two double up riders with Sheffield, possibly that makes things simpler to plan for than one with Sheffield and one with Scun? Wouldn't worry too much re King yet, it was a last-minute signing (and right) so planning for the short term was impossible however hopefully it will be improved in longer term.

Bjerre is better than Auty & is the obvious change really, it would certainly strengthed the team. It would be a little harsh on Auty as he's only had 1 home meeting so far & not done alot wrong, but for the sake of the team it would be the right thing to do. The only thing as Flagrag mentioned is that it would mean Bates & Bjerre missing when Sheffield are riding. Also it would give Lions an extra 0.37 to play with average wise plus the 0.63 they are under the limit, meaning a whole point spare before the average changes in May. With that I think they should be looking to replace Ayres, who despite his best efforts & no -one could accuse him of not trying ( sometimes think he tries too hard for his own good), seems to struggle to get round without coming to grief or impeding his team mate. Replacing Auty with Bjerre would mean Lions could replace Ayres with someone up to 4.61.

Ayres - what you've said is logical but it does recall to mind the first PL seasons when the No7 became a revolving door and Leicester jettisoned young Brits on a regular basis such as Wright, Morris, Kerr, Blackbird, Sarjeant, Branford.I think the track proved too hard for them to master, as was probably the case with Perry and Clegg in EL.

I could be getting him confused with another rider but when Kent were at BP for one of those national trophy matches, I think Ayres really struggled to get round bends 3/4 but of course he's gained far more experience since then, the tracks been altered and I could be completely wrong anyway!

Lasse had terrible injuries year before last, so in 2016 I think he was struggling for points a bit early doors and have heard said he wasn't all that happy with Redcar. So his end of year average probably reflected all that.

As for having two double up riders with Sheffield, possibly that makes things simpler to plan for than one with Sheffield and one with Scun? Wouldn't worry too much re King yet, it was a last-minute signing (and right) so planning for the short term was impossible however hopefully it will be improved in longer term.

Ayres - what you've said is logical but it does recall to mind the first PL seasons when the No7 became a revolving door and Leicester jettisoned young Brits on a regular basis such as Wright, Morris, Kerr, Blackbird, Sarjeant, Branford.I think the track proved too hard for them to master, as was probably the case with Perry and Clegg in EL.

I could be getting him confused with another rider but when Kent were at BP for one of those national trophy matches, I think Ayres really struggled to get round bends 3/4 but of course he's gained far more experience since then, the tracks been altered and I could be completely wrong anyway!

If s seasoned professional such as King is struggling then then what must it be like for Ayres. Let's not make the No.7 the whipping boy again to make excuses for the failings higher up the Team

• Like 1

Is Terry Chrabaszcz, the new Lion's track curator, the Guy who was track curator at Coventry? I seem to remember there was some controversy over the way he prepared the track there. Does anyone know his background? There has been nothing on the Lion's website about his appointment. His name has suddenly appeared in the list of Leicester officials.

Wrong guy. Sandhu sacked him and got a Polish taxi driver to do the track after he claimed he was the track guy at Bydgoszcz when in fact he was just a helper. They soon bought Terry back.

Wrong guy. Sandhu sacked him and got a Polish taxi driver to do the track after he claimed he was the track guy at Bydgoszcz when in fact he was just a helper. They soon bought Terry back.

Whoever it is at Leicester cannot prepare a decent track and should be sacked. Mr Darcy sacking glyn was a bad decision clearly.

• Like 1

Why oh why do we have to suffer this age old problem of doubling up riders. It has already been found out this season that it just has not worked with the new leagues. The teams are now made up of mostly riders who all ride for clubs in the lower league, this has been shown with the way the riders have been missing from the Lions team start right from the first meetings. If two leagues can't get together and work out which rider is riding for what team on a given night. Then plan the meetings around who will be missing, then either change one or the others race night, so that all 7 riders turn up for your team then something is terribly wrong. It just needs a bit of planning.

As for getting rid of Glyn, this has been the worst move the club has so far done since the new guns took over, he could make the track work, what ever the weather, he knew every lump and bump and he made sure that the track was always fit to race on.

He worked his guts out getting bends 1/2 done before the season started and all he got for thanks was to be shown the door. To be replaced by some unknown farmer, who only knows how to plough and harrow a field. Don't think we will see Glyn back again think he has had enough this time around. Only thing is though, they need to get someone in place who knows how to prepare a track

• Like 1

Nice to hear Glyn that you would still come back. The sooner they come to thier senses and get you back on board the better. They can't have whoever it is prepping the track as it has been done, as I said a farmer plouging his fields.

• Like 1

It may come as a surprise to some but given the opportunity, I would be back. I have no hard feelings towards the new management. They have their reasons I guess for doing what they did though I have no clue what they are.

I love Leicester, I enjoyed my time there, and was hoping I would be continuing to prepare the track this season as I felt the changes we made would make the racing so much better and that the fans would be getting the race track they deserve and have waited for.

To me, it has always been about the track as at the end of the day, that is the stage that the riders entertain the fans on.

Glyn

That's great to hear Glyn

You sound like a very honest and sincere man and one that cannot be lost to speedway.

In a sport that isn't a wash with money it surely relies on many volunteers helping when they can,I'm not saying that glyn wasn't paid for his services but to him its obviously not all about the money,it's about the product on offer.

For seasons gone by many on here have been complaining about not having a race track to race on then we let Glyn have six weeks to try and get right.

As soon as it's ready to go he's shown the door.I find it hard believe that to have someone with the expertise that he has surplus to requirements especially as he is held in such high regard with riders and supporters alike.

Thought the Helmsley days were gone!!

Shirl

• Like 3