British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

That's great to hear Glyn

You sound like a very honest and sincere man and one that cannot be lost to speedway.

In a sport that isn't a wash with money it surely relies on many volunteers helping when they can,I'm not saying that glyn wasn't paid for his services but to him its obviously not all about the money,it's about the product on offer.

For seasons gone by many on here have been complaining about not having a race track to race on then we let Glyn have six weeks to try and get right.

As soon as it's ready to go he's shown the door.I find it hard believe that to have someone with the expertise that he has surplus to requirements especially as he is held in such high regard with riders and supporters alike.

Thought the Helmsley days were gone!!

Shirl

Couldn't agree more with what you say. Whatever the problems in the past with the shape of the track etc. one thing you could always rely on was that it would look smooth & appeared before the meeting started to have an even covering of shale all over. When Glyn graded he would start from the inside & work outwards or vice versa, covering the whole width of the track. The new curator just seems to drive round on one line with the grader hardly touching the surface, which doesn't spread the shale around. It seemed on Saturday that there was little dirt on the inside but then a line about mid track & towards the fence were it suddenly went much thicker but he just drove over it hardly touching it. 3 meetings in now & the track has been different each time, it's not giving the riders any home advantage. I don't know if the owners take any notice of the fans views, but if they do please ask Glyn back.

• Like 2

Was really looking forward to this season, but obviously not much has changed.Why the hell do I bother.

• Like 1

That's great to hear Glyn

You sound like a very honest and sincere man and one that cannot be lost to speedway.

In a sport that isn't a wash with money it surely relies on many volunteers helping when they can,I'm not saying that glyn wasn't paid for his services but to him its obviously not all about the money,it's about the product on offer.

For seasons gone by many on here have been complaining about not having a race track to race on then we let Glyn have six weeks to try and get right.

As soon as it's ready to go he's shown the door.I find it hard believe that to have someone with the expertise that he has surplus to requirements especially as he is held in such high regard with riders and supporters alike.

Thought the Helmsley days were gone!!

Shirl

Rumour has it that Mr Darcy sacked Glyn after the track alterations were Finnished.

Don't see the point in making the shape better if the surface is very poor.

Bring back glyn

Track. Before you open your mouth going on and on about the track

, go and get all the FACTS right?

Be nice to know FACTS then perhaps fans wouldn't speculate. :unsure: Let's have some then please as you seem to know.

• Like 1

Okay thanks. Won't repeat anything

, go and get all the FACTS right? Track. Before you open your mouth going on and on about the track

Why don't you just openly set out all of what you say are "the facts" instead of sounding like some kind of Mafia thug?
  • Like 2

OK. Can I have the facts please?

Every Lions fan should no the truth behind what as gone on with Glyn. He slogged his guts out getting the track re-shaped only to be given the old heave ho. Would be fine if he has not got a clue what he is doing with the track, but he knows it inside out and preps it the same for every meeting unless the weather is taking control and he has to do what ever is needed to make it fit to ride on. The idiot who now sits on the tractor has not got a clue and he never wil have. Where do they get them from.

Things looked like that had turned around under a new management, but it seems we are swiftly heading back to the dark, tell them nothing attitude.

Every Lions fan should no the truth behind what as gone on with Glyn. He slogged his guts out getting the track re-shaped only to be given the old heave ho. Would be fine if he has not got a clue what he is doing with the track, but he knows it inside out and preps it the same for every meeting unless the weather is taking control and he has to do what ever is needed to make it fit to ride on. The idiot who now sits on the tractor has not got a clue and he never wil have. Where do they get them from.

Things looked like that had turned around under a new management, but it seems we are swiftly heading back to the dark, tell them nothing attitude.

Well this sounds like a personal attack to me? Not someone who is concerned about the track. Please correct me if I am wrong?

To TSC1.

If you know the facts could please share them with me as I don't have a clue. There was no argument or any thing like that. I was just told Job over end of.

Glyn

• Like 2

.....weatherwatcher.....The idiot who now sits on the tractor has not got a clue and he never wil have. Where do they get them from.

That's rather rude and arrogant. Have you even been to Beaumont Park this season to see any tractor grading as I know you rarely went last year or are you just jumping on the bandwagon?

The track curator at Leicester Terry is not new to this at all In fact is very experienced.

He used to be in charge of the track at Brandon and Birmingham along with Redcar this season.

As the Leicester Co Promotor Dave Darcy said a few weeks ago to fans the track will take time to settle in and will get better once the quarry is open again after a flooding problem to get some fresh shale to provide more grip and build the levels up.