Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

What not even RR?

RR is a facility.

NL rider only.

All I can say is that these days it is more like Magic Roundabout, than seeing a team stay together for a full season. Bring in Mr. Rusty or Dylan at reserve.

Bates seems to prefer foreigners to British riders ,you only have to look at sheffields recent history ,bin Richard hall and give his place to Arthur sissis who is no better ,

Ey???

Think you better look at the past two years sheffield sides and then rethink what you've said.

Is this the same Lasse Bjerre who rode two seasons for Leicester not so long ago but left when the club joined the EL? And who was signed by Leicester during that EL season but was dumped after one or maybe two matches?

Why, yes, so it is! He may have been utterly frustrating and annoying at times, occasionally went AWOL, but could also produce rides that left you disbelieving your eyes. There was one v Newcastle with the match and playoff place on the line, a loony dive between the Newcastle pair on bend 3 in the last heat, that comes to mind!

Hopefully he's matured since those days and isn't as irritating.

I think it's tough on Auty but hopefully he can have a season with Scunny where his high scoring returns regularly and stays free of further injury.

Bates seems to prefer foreigners to British riders ,you only have to look at sheffields recent history ,bin Richard hall and give his place to Arthur sissis who is no better ,

Right lets get the facts right.

Last season every team had was required to have one British 3 point rider.

Taking out all the British 3 point riders, there was only 26 British riders that were given team place in the then Premier League.

Of those 26.

5 were signed by one club.

Sheffield.

Even with dropping Richard Hall and bringing in Sissis his team was predominately British.

All the teams that he has built at Sheffield since 2014 have been not only predominately British but also featured a fair sprinkling of local riders from Sheffield or close by.

Stead

Birks

Greaves

Parkinson Blackburn

Finally at the recent British Speedway Youth awards ceremony at the Nuneaton Speedway Supporters club Neil Vatcher praised Damien for his support of the British Youth system.

Also if you look at the list of sponsors for the British Youth Speedway you will see the company PBHS, which is Bates family business, putting money into possible future British stars.

I will leave it up to you to decide whether or not dropping Richard Hall for Arthur Sissis means that he prefers foreign rider to British.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with 'doubling up' and two Leagues

Well nothing apart from the fact fans are leaving in droves, and it will kill domestic speedway in this country.

• Like 1

Your theory on speedway usually is based on Figures and you would CHANGE at every opportunity. You even said Sedgman should of been replaced at Belle Vue and was shown up by someone regarding his point scoring this year.

No, the person who tried to argue Sedgemans statistics against SCB was wrong.

RR is a facility.

NL rider only.

Thank you. I won't be going then.

Edited by Barrow Boy 2

RR is a facility.

NL rider only.

If this is correct I would go for Steve Boxall on Monday. He is only riding in the National League for Plymouth and averaging over 10. He should know the Rye track like the back of his hand having ridden for the Rockets.

Well nothing apart from the fact fans are leaving in droves, and it will kill domestic speedway in this country.

I couldn't care less if I saw another meeting or not, it's lost it's spark and I rather spend my money elsewhere now.

I couldn't care less if I saw another meeting or not, it's lost it's spark and I rather spend my money elsewhere now.

thanks for that...so hopefully you will not post on here again you're negativity is beyond belief so for you to foresake posting here is a massive plus!
  • Like 2

If this is correct I would go for Steve Boxall on Monday. He is only riding in the National League for Plymouth and averaging over 10. He should know the Rye track like the back of his hand having ridden for the Rockets.

Steve Boxall is not eligible (nor any rider annotated with NEG in the NDL green-sheets).

Steve Boxall is not eligible (nor any rider annotated with NEG in the NDL green-sheets).

According to the Rye House website it's Richard Hall.

thanks for that...so hopefully you will not post on here again you're negativity is beyond belief so for you to foresake posting here is a massive plus!

When you only get one like from a certain person who could fall out with himself you know your post is poor.

What positives are there about the sport as I don't see any at the moment.