British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Bad news for Lions fans is that Gomolski came through his SEC Qualifier yesterday & now rides in the SEC Challenge final on 20th May the same day we are home to Wolves, so now will have to face them without Gomolski & no facility for him. That night would have seen the full 1-7 appear together at home for the first time, I think. Also if he finishes in the top 7 of that meeting he will qualify for the SEC series, which is another 4 meetings, but I think only the one on the 5th August, at home against Kings Lynn clashes with Lions fixtures.

This is bad news I feel but then if the rider wishes to pursue SEC stuff as opposed to BL Premiership then let him - we can replace with an 8 pt rider ? after the averages change I reckon given the cumulative gsas of the team so far .... just need to find such a rider ......

Cheers

This is bad news I feel but then if the rider wishes to pursue SEC stuff as opposed to BL Premiership then let him - we can replace with an 8 pt rider ? after the averages change I reckon given the cumulative gsas of the team so far .... just need to find such a rider ......

Cheers

Makes you wonder if they had known Gomolski was going to do the SEC ( I think he was a late inclusion), would they have kept Wolbert instead of releasing him & ditched Gomolski. He would have still fitted average wise.

Makes you wonder if they had known Gomolski was going to do the SEC ( I think he was a late inclusion), would they have kept Wolbert instead of releasing him & ditched Gomolski. He would have still fitted average wise.

Look on the brightside. He may not get through. Lol !!

Look on the brightside. He may not get through. Lol !!

Hopefully not! :lol: If you could use a like for like guest or R/R it wouldn't really matter. It's the fact no facility is given that is the problem.

Lions options re: Gomolski as I understand it ...

1. Retain the rider and cope with his absences re: SEC etc as best we can ...

2. Replace rider now with a rider up to 8.4 ish based on current GSA sheets ( who ? Wolbert ? )

3. Replace rider after new GSA sheets issued with a rider c 8.00 Elite League average based on current projected GSAs ? ( again who ? )

From a loyalty perspective gotta be Option 1

If we are going to be ruthless in pursuit of a play-off spot gotta be 3 if there is such a rider to be signed and if I am right ?

Cheers

2. Replace rider now with a rider up to 8.4 ish based on current GSA sheets ( who ? Wolbert ? )

3. Replace rider after new GSA sheets issued with a rider c 8.00 Elite League average based on current projected GSAs ? ( again who ? )

If we are going to be ruthless in pursuit of a play-off spot gotta be 3 if there is such a rider to be signed and if I am right ?

Cheers

or just reschedule the meeting he'll miss.

Are these pages moderated anymore ??

Cheers

That's always assuming he wants to stay

That's always assuming he wants to stay

I wonder if this was the reason the BSPA were so set against the SEC ,because of the effect it would have on British leagues . there is of course only so many photographers to go round ;)

• Like 1

Are these pages moderated anymore ??

I think they must be as I replied to a troll yesterday only for both posts to be removed.

My reply was not as savage as the original post but obviously contained his replies,which in my opinion was defamatory.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but person vendettas are other thing.

Let's keep it real and stick to the speedway

Shirl

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the possible line ups for Saturday's Ivor Brown Trophy match?

The Lions' website has just announced that Cradley will be led by Ayres & Perry and that Graversen is riding for Leicester. We all knew this but what about the rest?

Leicester: 1, Josh Bates, 2. Chris Widman, 3. Richard Hall, 4. Tom Woolley, 5. Matt Williamson, 6. Kyle Bickley and 7. Luke Woodhull.

Cradley Heath: 1. Max Clegg, 2. Conor Dwyer, 3. Tom Perry, 4. Dan Greenwood, 5. Danny Ayres, 6. Ryan Burton and 7. Joe Lawlor.

Leicester: 1, Josh Bates, 2. Chris Widman, 3. Richard Hall, 4. Tom Woolley, 5. Matt Williamson, 6. Kyle Bickley and 7. Luke Woodhull.

Cradley Heath: 1. Max Clegg, 2. Conor Dwyer, 3. Tom Perry, 4. Dan Greenwood, 5. Danny Ayres, 6. Ryan Burton and 7. Joe Lawlor.

Where's the confirmed Jan Graversen then?