British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

And Dave Howe.

they probably have the former Cubs manager for this one , and of course he will know better than everybody else , more than likely be a few more changes as well if it is , local lads from Scotland in the team ,

I wish I could regain the enthusiasm to want to attend this meeting even at £10 it just doesn't.

I just hope the track is prepared properly this week for them to race safely.

It does seem strange that they announced Graverson and Howe who have proper Leicester connections and then replaced them with Hall (Who most Lions fans can't stand) and Matt Williamson I wonder if it came down to money.

Makes you wonder if they had known Gomolski was going to do the SEC ( I think he was a late inclusion), would they have kept Wolbert instead of releasing him & ditched Gomolski. He would have still fitted average wise.

Kim Nilsson riding in SEC meet tomorrow. Should he qualify through, he'll also be missing for the Wolves match on the 20th.

Great planning all round

It does seem strange that they announced Graverson and Howe who have proper Leicester connections and then replaced them with Hall (Who most Lions fans can't stand) and Matt Williamson I wonder if it came down to money.

What the reason for that? I can't remember him doing anything other than giving his best at a difficult early time for the reformed club. Wasn't he even made to reluctantly attend a meeting he couldn't ride in because of a wedding (recall him in his suit in the bar afterwards) Surely being the ex-captain of the Lions is a "proper" connection?

What the reason for that? I can't remember him doing anything other than giving his best at a difficult early time for the reformed club. Wasn't he even made to reluctantly attend a meeting he couldn't ride in because of a wedding (recall him in his suit in the bar afterwards) Surely being the ex-captain of the Lions is a "proper" connection?

I seem to remember a Leicester rider not turning up as he was still at a wedding ?

• Like 1

I think what might have upset some of the fans was because when interviewed he said that he would much rather be at the wedding.

I think what might have upset some of the fans was because when interviewed he said that he would much rather be at the wedding.

Was it Richard Hall and another wedding story too where fans were not happy while he was at Leicester.

Not good news for Leicester Kim Nilsson has won the SEC meeting in France tonight so that will be both him and Gomolski missing from the Wolves meeting on 20th May with current rules say no Premiership guest or RR just NL or under 4 Championship replacement

The BSPA can't fight against the beast that is the SEC. The fans are missing out, that's not fair. Trouble is what do they do when the next private Individual competition comes along.....

Not good news for Leicester Kim Nilsson has won the SEC meeting in France tonight so that will be both him and Gomolski missing from the Wolves meeting on 20th May with current rules say no Premiership guest or RR just NL or under 4 Championship replacement

Fans won't pay good money to watch a weak team turn out,I feel for those who have bought season tickets and paid to see a competitive Leicester team.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

I didn't think it made sense to stick with a Saturday race night, but even if you do, surely it's not that difficult to avoid dates when your own riders might be involved in other competitions?

Leicester must now try to rearrange this fixture or seek to obtain some sort of special arrangement with the BSPA. It is not fair to expect many to attend such a farcial match. Don't clubs still get fined for fielding understrength teams now?

• Like 1