British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Sounds like they're getting bigger

Attendance last night was poor and a vast majority of those that were there wished they weren't.

Honestly............Can't think of many other speedway meetings I've enjoyed less.

The only thing I can come up with on the plus side is that it moved along pretty fast, other than that I'll have to get back to you.

Honestly............Can't think of many other speedway meetings I've enjoyed less.

The only thing I can come up with on the plus side is that it moved along pretty fast, other than that I'll have to get back to you.

100% agree with that. Strange how tapes infringements and 4-5 other re-runs and the meeting still finished half hour quicker than normal.

ITS about time that certain rules were brought in to prevent promoters treating riders like rubbish.When they sign a rider it should be a binding contract for say minimum three months.These lads spend thousand of pounds and a lot of time and effort just to get on track.If they are released before then they should get a payment settlement for breach of contract. I know promoters are strapped for cash but it would stop them just dropping rider so easily.Riders have family's and mortgage's,We will never get a good England team whilst we allow British riders to be replaced by more foreign rider at the drop of a hat. I know people will rubbish this post ,but i can see the affect it as on riders and family who rely on them to earn a living,its the same with the doubling up riders ,some ride in other country's and double up in this country at the expense of some rider only having one team in this country. I think we need to change rules like the Poles only allow any riders only three teams world wide. Lets see what comments this brings agree or not agree.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Doubling up is a monster out of control and has done nothing for speedway except create the rider shortage that promoters are griping about. We should be working towards scrapping it - not extending it.

Is it too late now for Leicester and Sheffield to swop leagues?

• Like 1

It wasn't quite as bad as Glasgow in 2011, we didn't win any races that night if I recall. Last night wasn't far off though, I don't know if they're having trouble getting shale still but it looked quite patchy and we didn't seem to have any speed at all. Somebody told me Lasse blew an engine the other night which might account for him looking out of sorts. We had a bit of bad luck, Wolves moved twice at the start but never touched the tapes we did it three times and demolished them!

Attendance last night was poor and a vast majority of those that were there wished they weren't.

First time I've been for two years (other than practice days) and I didn't think it was so bad, I've certainly seen far worse racing wise although the team were just abysmal. The track shape does look better now and when shale is available again from Breedon I feel that racing will improve.

I thought the home match against Poole ran this one pretty close! A look at the Lion's averages reveals all. Everyone apart from the 2 reserves, has an average lower than the one they started with. King is -4.14, Bjerre -1.97, Nilsson - 1.87 & Riss -0.95 (I have excluded - (no pun intended) Garrity). Ayres (10%) is the only rider to have a lower race win percentage than King (14%)..

ITS about time that certain rules were brought in to prevent promoters treating riders like rubbish.When they sign a rider it should be a binding contract for say minimum three months.These lads spend thousand of pounds and a lot of time and effort just to get on track.If they are released before then they should get a payment settlement for breach of contract. I know promoters are strapped for cash but it would stop them just dropping rider so easily.Riders have family's and mortgage's,We will never get a good England team whilst we allow British riders to be replaced by more foreign rider at the drop of a hat. I know people will rubbish this post ,but i can see the affect it as on riders and family who rely on them to earn a living,its the same with the doubling up riders ,some ride in other country's and double up in this country at the expense of some rider only having one team in this country. I think we need to change rules like the Poles only allow any riders only three teams world wide. Lets see what comments this brings agree or not agree.

I couldn't agree more with this post. Doubling up is a monster out of control and has done nothing for speedway except create the rider shortage that promoters are griping about. We should be working towards scrapping it - not extending it.

In last night's match against Wolves there were 11 riders out of the 14 who also ride in the lower leagues. I agree something needs doing to this rule. Perhaps a 2 D/U rider per team rule should be introduced. I would also like to see a rule which prevents certain international class World Cup Stars and Grand Prix Qualifiers from riding in the Championship.

Sadly when they introduce new averages after 4 home and 4 away with rolling averages now defunct it opens up a shedfull of fiddling to strengthen up..... back to the bad old days of easy to fiddle averages.

Sadly when they introduce new averages after 4 home and 4 away with rolling averages now defunct it opens up a shedfull of fiddling to strengthen up..... back to the bad old days of easy to fiddle averages.

I'm sure that is what King is doing. I think he wants out riding poorly drops his average and hopefully gets him kicked off the team with a more attractive average. Win, win for King.

they do , but you would also need a set of rules that stops riders treating promotions like rubbish

they do , but you would also need a set of rules that stops riders treating promotions like rubbish

Spot on for 80% of riders

I thought the home match against Poole ran this one pretty close! A look at the Lion's averages reveals all. Everyone apart from the 2 reserves, has an average lower than the one they started with. King is -4.14, Bjerre -1.97, Nilsson - 1.87 & Riss -0.95 (I have excluded - (no pun intended) Garrity). Ayres (10%) is the only rider to have a lower race win percentage than King (14%)..

And the arseholes got rid of Josh Auty serves them right .Cant believe a word BATES SAYS AS BAD AS hEMSLEY