British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Looks like Kevin Wolbert is in decent form lately.

Maybe he'd now be eligible to replace Garrity. That's if he'd want to come back.

Is Eric Riss ok after his road accident in Poland whilst travelling to Riga to represent Germany in the World Cup Qualifier.

Taken from an email I have seen from his wife Lena, Ila underwent a major back operation which in itself was successful. However, he then suffered a pulmonary embolism.

A huge shock, RIP.

Is Eric Riss ok after his road accident in Poland whilst travelling to Riga to represent Germany in the World Cup Qualifier.

Yes all ok.

If as is being reported elsewhere Jason Garrity is out for a month or so - we should be looking to bring in another rider - up to an 6.44 ? Wonder if Gomolski would come back on 6.43 ? Maybe Justin Sedgmen ? Kevin Wolbert ?

What bloody planet is Jim Lynch on? In this week's speedway star he's telling the Lions supporters not to worry about the thrashing at Somerset and the defeat at Poole as Somerset was dusty and Poole was a good meeting. He then says "It's the next two fixtures which are both at home which are the important ones for us". So Jim, the away fixtures don't matter then? And this from a team manager who's team has lost more home meetings than it's won so far. He comes across as someone who has no passion and couldn't really care less if we win or lose. Time to get rid of him as well as Bjerre and Garrity.

Edited by Liontamer

Sedgman not an option as you can only have 2 d/u from another team.

Can you point me to the section in the current regs concerning that as I can no longer find it.

If as is being reported elsewhere Jason Garrity is out for a month or so - we should be looking to bring in another rider - up to an 6.44 ? Wonder if Gomolski would come back on 6.43 ? Maybe Justin Sedgmen ? Kevin Wolbert ?

It would be no surprise to me if young Mr Gomolski shows up again on the south coast before long.

Can you point me to the section in the current regs concerning that as I can no longer find it.

no 😛

Sad to hear of the death of Ila Teroma, who was my son's favourite Lion in 1978 & will certainly be remembered.