British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So Leicester DELAY start time to 8pm to stop a sun DELAY 🤔🤔

Yeah I get that

I remember years back calling Freddie dirty and being told by a Wolves fan he was just "young and keen", he's never changed. 90% of the time he'd just hard but he misjudges it too often.

Well get used to him. He is going to be World Champion. This year.

(you heard it here first)

So how is one supposed to find out the fixture list? All the Leicester websites I've looked at are years out of date . :neutral:

I agree they don't exactly help themselves. League fixtures are nearly completed before the play offs (yes even our sport has introduced them!).

It was their last home league match on Sunday but still host the kids championships on Saturday 26th. And host the women's league match on Sept 24th.

British cycling usually has all the dates for all matches tho. :t:

We were talking about the cycle speedway team not the Lions! :t:

• Like 1

Thanks for trying to help but it's Cycle Speedway fixtures not the Lions. I'm on their Facebook group which is pretty good with updates as well.

........stevebrum............It was their last home league match on Sunday but still host the kids championships on Saturday 26th. And host the women's league match on Sept 24th.

Looks like I've had it for this season then because like you with Speedway I prefer 'top' league matches. I'm not keen on individuals either. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

Thanks for trying to help but it's Cycle Speedway fixtures not the Lions. I'm on their Facebook group which is pretty good with updates as well.

Looks like I've had it for this season then because like you with Speedway I prefer 'top' league matches. I'm not keen on individuals either. :neutral:

Shame I didn't speak to you before the weekend then!

Looking at a visit to Leicester on Sat 26th as part of the Cycle Speedway British Finals weekend. Looking on the website it says adult admissions are £17 plus a 50p online fee! Is it also £17 on the gate? If so why would anyone book online?

I'll just pay at the gate then!

Wish I was there for the cycle speedway championship. I rode a Leicester cycle speedway track in 1965, an individual meeting. Think it was Slater Street, very nicely prepared track. Is that you one you going to????

Depends how early i get to Leicester, also got matches at Birmingham & Wolverhampton over the weekend!

I'll just pay at the gate then!

Depends how early i get to Leicester, also got matches at Birmingham & Wolverhampton over the weekend!

It does seem daft to pay a fee for entry, it is not as if it will be a sell out and paying the fee will confirm entry :blink:

Just a question if the talked about fixed race nights Mon/Thur for the Premier league goes ahead and in the past I have read that Sat night is a must to get the supporters in.

Would Leicesters fans turn out in enough numbers on a Thursday if the set nights gave them a regular 1 to7 to support every meeting.With there being no Sat problems the club would have as much chance as any other club getting any rider to sign for them.

Would the club and fans want to stay in the Premier league.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Just a question if the talked about fixed race nights Mon/Thur for the Premier league goes ahead and in the past I have read that Sat night is a must to get the supporters in.

Would Leicesters fans turn out in enough numbers on a Thursday if the set nights gave them a regular 1 to7 to support every meeting.With there being no Sat problems the club would have as much chance as any other club getting any rider to sign for them.

Would the club and fans want to stay in the Premier league.

Thanks in advance for your comments

I'd go any day if I was to get to see a genuine contest between a full home team and a full away team, something we've rarely (if ever) seen this season.

• Like 2

I must admit i thought Danny King would do better for Leicester this year, especially in a weaker top division! What do Leicester fans make of his performances this season?

I must admit i thought Danny King would do better for Leicester this year, especially in a weaker top division! What do Leicester fans make of his performances this season?

Mostly disappointing although was getting more consistency in his scores in the second half of the season.

As a rider I think he's a bit of a one-trick pony. Needs deeper dirt out wide otherwise he's struggling

2017 league campaign closes with rider replacement used in 21 of 28 league meetings and in each of the last 20 league meetings. Impressive

2017 league campaign closes with rider replacement used in 21 of 28 league meetings and in each of the last 20 league meetings. Impressive

Not as impressive as White City, who used it for an entire season and won the league.

To think that Leicester once tracked the same seven riders in every meeting for an entire season. How times have changed!