British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

What a two-faced, chinless wonder Kelvin Tatum truly is. When he got involved in Lakeside Speedway (in the good old days of 2016; when we were a professional Speedway club) he alluded to the fact we'd made a mistake re-signing him!

Absolutely correct

I am looking forward to seeing the Bees race on this modified track! ;)

Glyn.

How much is coming off the apex of the bends. Because to me that always seemed to be one of the biggest problems coming off the start line and then on the exit of the bend. All it managed to do was through the riders other than the one who gained the ground first into the fence, one of the reasons for so many of the first lap restarts. Where 2 riders ended up tangled up together and hitting the air fence. From the look of things if that gets taken away then they will have far more lines to take and we should have some decent racing.

It used to show how demanding the track was when the MDL raced as they always struggled when it came to getting around the bends at either ends. Some where slow slow coming in and out of the bends they where almost in another race.

Looking forward to all your hard work. must say it looks a bit wet and sticky underfoot there.

I have taken 6 meters off the Apex.

The turn is now 21meters wide at the apex.

Glyn

Edited by speedflash
  • Like 7

I have taken 6 meters off the Apex.

The turn is now 21meters wide at the apex.

Glyn

Thanks Glyn. Is this measurement the same as on bends 3/4?

Leicester have shown the rest of speedway in this country a thing or two here.Mr Bates has come in listened to there supporters and are trying to make things better.They have assembled an attractive side and they deserve all the luck in the world.Unlike my club Swindon terrible communication about the future with something not quite right there worrying times at Swindon.

• Like 5

Leicester have shown the rest of speedway in this country a thing or two here.Mr Bates has come in listened to there supporters and are trying to make things better.They have assembled an attractive side and they deserve all the luck in the world.Unlike my club Swindon terrible communication about the future with something not quite right there worrying times at Swindon.

Have to agree on most of your post. Although I feel its still early days as far as Mr bates is concerned, most new promoters start off with a bang, then slowly disappear and look after themselves, so time will tell.

And sadly I feel the writing has been on the wall for The Robins for some time, I have felt for sometime now something is not right behind the scenes and communication has stopped dead.

I use to never miss a meeting for far to many years, but 3 seasons ago I decided to pop down to Somerset, as a one off and now go there every week. The racing is very good and Have met some real characters down

the back straight who love there racing and there cider and a good laugh

I think Mr Darcy probably deserves a good mention too, it can't have been easy being co-promoter alongside the tinpot dictator and his wife (who I suspect was back seat driver) and having to try and keep things going when it all started to fall apart, including the various exits which happened. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the main persuader last year when changes were made and also this year's.

Sorry to hear it's not looking rosy at Blunsdon, hope things get going in the right way

How much is actually coming off the corners as you enter and exit the bends a tidy chunk I would hope. Hope you have better weather there than we have had today in Newhall. Lots of broken trees on the road, I hope you where all hanging on to your hats, but with how the winds have been here I should think you would need your digger roping down

• Like 1

Go Leicester, so happy for all those fans who had become disenchanted after the Lions comeback. Hope you all return to your club and witness some great racing from 2017 onwards

Huuuuge well done to the new promotion!!!!

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if he was the main persuader last year when changes were made and also this year's.

I think he was last year wasn't he and paid for the alterations? :unsure:

How much is actually coming off the corners as you enter and exit the bends a tidy chunk I would hope. Hope you have better weather there than we have had today in Newhall. Lots of broken trees on the road, I hope you where all hanging on to your hats, but with how the winds have been here I should think you would need your digger roping down

Looks like a good chunk to me. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/LeicesterLionsSpeedway/photos/pcb.1433618000013306/1433617703346669/?type=3&theater

• Like 3

I think he was last year wasn't he and paid for the alterations? :unsure:

Looks like a good chunk to me. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/LeicesterLionsSpeedway/photos/pcb.1433618000013306/1433617703346669/?type=3&theater

Now thats whats called getting on with it.

• Like 2