Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Not sure if he's available this year ,

But is Szymon Wozniak worth considering for the Aces team?

Forgive the ignorance ,but ive never seen him ride ?,

Just wondering what Lions fans thought of him

Thanks in advance

Not sure if he's available this year ,

But is Szymon Wozniak worth considering for the Aces team?

Forgive the ignorance ,but ive never seen him ride ?,

Just wondering what Lions fans thought of him

Thanks in advance

Szymon was always great value at home & could beat the best, but there was a big difference between his home average & his away one. Even after 2 seasons when you would have thought he would have mastered some of the smaller tracks but he still seemed to struggle. But i'm sure the track at Belle Vue would suit him perfectly & one thing with him you could be sure he would give 100%. Not sure whether he's ruled out the UK this season or just didn't want to return to Leicester after the problems with wages etc. from last season.

• Like 1

Szymon was always great value at home & could beat the best, but there was a big difference between his home average & his away one. Even after 2 seasons when you would have thought he would have mastered some of the smaller tracks but he still seemed to struggle. But i'm sure the track at Belle Vue would suit him perfectly & one thing with him you could be sure he would give 100%. Not sure whether he's ruled out the UK this season or just didn't want to return to Leicester after the problems with wages etc. from last season.

Thanks Steve , much appreciated insight

• Like 1

How many people on this forum have bought or will be buying season tickets? The obvious question to me is.......why?

We (me and my son) have season tickets at Leicester City. The main reason is that if we didn't have them we would struggle to get tickets on a match by match basis. Over all, we also save a fair bit over the course of the season.

Looking at the Lions website the season ticket prices have been reduced due to fewer meetings associated with Coventry's demise. If I were to attend all of the 14 league meetings (which I can't due to holidays, as I suspect will affect most supporters) and paid on the day it would work out less than the cost of a season ticket! The club states that the season ticket price includes KOC matches (only 1 guaranteed) and challenge fixtures ( of which there are none on the fixture list). Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

• Like 1

As a Sheffield lad all I can say is back your owner, buy your tickets and support your team

• Like 1

Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

There's no incentive apart from being able to go straight to the entrance rather than queuing up to pay and certainly no designated seat. I was going to get a season ticket at Brandon this year purely because I would have struggled to get through the turnstile with dog, seat and bag since they stopped entrance at the 'pit gate.' No turnstile at Leicester though so no problem and I wouldn't ever consider buying a season ticket there.

How many people on this forum have bought or will be buying season tickets? The obvious question to me is.......why?

We (me and my son) have season tickets at Leicester City. The main reason is that if we didn't have them we would struggle to get tickets on a match by match basis. Over all, we also save a fair bit over the course of the season.

Looking at the Lions website the season ticket prices have been reduced due to fewer meetings associated with Coventry's demise. If I were to attend all of the 14 league meetings (which I can't due to holidays, as I suspect will affect most supporters) and paid on the day it would work out less than the cost of a season ticket! The club states that the season ticket price includes KOC matches (only 1 guaranteed) and challenge fixtures ( of which there are none on the fixture list). Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

Two things to consider: There was talk of a free programme for season ticket holders a couple of years ago - I dont know if that happened.

By buying a season ticket, you are providing the club with capital that they can use during the season rather than going hand to mouth.

Personally, I dont buy a season ticket because I normally have to miss several meetings for a variety of reasons.

I've never been a fan of season tickets but this season I'm getting my first one at King's Lynn.

After a long and hard thought it makes sense for me.

Here's why:

• On average a season ticket works out about 1-2 meetings free for most clubs
  • Rain-offs, any heats started & cancelled before heat 10 only give a discount for rearranged meetings. Season ticket holders, nothing lost.
  • I'm at risk of losing my job so then haven't got to struggle finding cash, except for Play-Offs
  • Like 1

As Neil Machin is now back as co-promoter, joining Dave Darcy, it's now clear the BSPA didn't revoke or suspend either of their licenses and so the full responsibility for what happened has been clearly attributed to David Hemsley, regardless of his attempt to sidestep it.

Not that it really matters, but can it be presumed that his promoters license has been revoked rather than just suspended?

I have brought a season ticket for the last 3 seasons & each year I question myself & think why did I bother? We had the year Birmingham folded 2 lost matches, no refund or alternative offered. The following year the sky fixture( Swindon) was reduced to £ 7.50, but we did get 2 free programmes so didn't really lose out. Then last season we had the Kings Lynn fiasco, which people who paid on the gate were eventually able to get a refund from KL c/o Mr. Chapman, but season ticket holders were never refunded ( although do I remember Dave Darcy saying something about a discount off this seasons ticket, which hasn't happened), also the East Midlands Bowl was supposed to be included on last seasons ticket which didn't happen. So that was 2 fixtures we paid for which were never run. The main incentive for me buying one is if the weather is looking dodgy I would still go & not worry about losing half my money if it's rained off. If the previous promotion were in charge for this season I definitely wouldn't be getting a ticket, but I feel the new owner deserves the backing of the fans for the way he has gone about altering the track & the general mood around the place, which seems much better, so I will be buying a season ticket again, even though the savings aren't that great. I just hope everything goes well & I don't regret it.

Season Tickets:

Upside - you can avoid queuing if there is a dedicated turnstile. You can save one, (possibly two), admission fee costs over the season IF you can attend ALL meetings. Rain Off's don't impact you financially. Assists the clubs cash flow at the start of the season when resources could be tight and one off costs incurred.

Downside - the two scenario's that impact you financially and negate any savings are rearranged meetings that fall into dates you have already committed to something else, and double headers.

Machin returns!!

Looks like my intuition (post 1102 31/1/17) was correct! With regard to his previous involvement, was he actually an official promotor or was he just 'helping out', which is what I was led to believe he was doing?