British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

See I'm thinking of going to Leicester's opener and when I see reassurances like thoae in speedway star that the track will be ready it makes me worry that it won't be.

So it gives me doubts about going.

Why do I keep seeing reassurances that the track will be ready? Why might it not be?

See I'm thinking of going to Leicester's opener and when I see reassurances like thoae in speedway star that the track will be ready it makes me worry that it won't be.

So it gives me doubts about going.

Why do I keep seeing reassurances that the track will be ready? Why might it not be?

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:39 AM by Glyn

The track work is not finished. Still a bit to do . Drains need to be finished off, the track surface needs to harden up. We can't get any shale for 6 weeks as the clay pits have a water problem.So we are trying to find an other supplier.

But all in all its 90% finished and the airfence is up. A great job and very good day from the volunteers . So with a bit of good weather this week and some shale we are hoping to be ready very soon.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:39 AM by Glyn

The track work is not finished. Still a bit to do . Drains need to be finished off, the track surface needs to harden up. We can't get any shale for 6 weeks as the clay pits have a water problem.So we are trying to find an other supplier.

But all in all its 90% finished and the airfence is up. A great job and very good day from the volunteers . So with a bit of good weather this week and some shale we are hoping to be ready very soon.

That doesn't exactly instil me with confidence, I have to say!

I'll wait for reports from press and practice day I think.

There's a great pile of the stuff doing nothing at a track just down the M69. :wink:

• Like 1

So has it been decided if Lebedevs will be the greatest reserve in the league to start the season on 4.5 or a reasonable but wildly inconsistent 3rd heat leader on +7.00 which pushes the Lions average into special dispensation territory? Or is there some new assessed average in place designed only for Latvians?

Edited by Col

So has it been decided if Lebedevs will be the greatest reserve in the league to start the season on 4.5 or a reasonable but wildly inconsistent 3rd heat leader on +7.00 which pushes the Lions average into special dispensation territory? Or is there some new assessed average in place designed only for Latvians?

well as the Latvians have been awarded more places than GB for this years SGP series qualifiers perhaps he should be assessed in line with the highest averaged Brit..... Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

It's already in print saying he is on a 7.

We obtained some clean odourless clay, in fact a huge amount!! We also obtained a similar amount of red stone, and mixed it ourselves.......

• Like 1

Presumably the red stone have been ground down? Just need to know we're not going to be bombarded with pieces of stone so I don't need to take a plastic shield with me. :D

• Like 1

Presumably the red stone have been ground down? Just need to know we're not going to be bombarded with pieces of stone so I don't need to take a plastic shield with me. :D

No, comes already crushed to shale like size pieces...😃

• Like 1

No, comes already crushed to shale like size pieces...

What ratio of clay to stone are you using?

We obtained some clean odourless clay, in fact a huge amount!! We also obtained a similar amount of red stone, and mixed it ourselves.......

When you say it's been mixed, is it mixed & on the track or is it mixed & still to be laid on the track. Will it be bedded down & in good order for P&P next Wednesday.

What ratio of clay to stone are you using?

When you say it's been mixed, is it mixed & on the track or is it mixed & still to be laid on the track. Will it be bedded down & in good order for P&P next Wednesday.

It sounds like something off the bake off

I'm pretty sure it all in hand

Or may be they caused the massive power surge that blew up the. Substation the other day when they had 50 kenwood mixers all going at the same time

• Like 1

Lol. Very good Shirl. Made me laugh. :D