Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Things have moved very quickly here because this week's Speedy Star is telling us the management were rejecting change even though the opportunity existed.

I would agree, but think its mainly due to his Polish club, would miss lots of meetings.

Having read the press release in the Lions site good for them! Taking no crap from Poland.

Having read the press release in the Lions site good for them! Taking no crap from Poland.

I agree, good move for Leicester

I get dropping Wolbert but Lebdevs is an odd one as he could have been a very good signing.

Still pleased to see that 3 of the 7 Bees have now got team places.

Lions website says that Lebdevs representatives have told them he is required to attend training 3 times in April & May with his Polish club that clash with Lions fixtures. And are also concerned about it happening again later in the season & didn't want to risk having to field weaken sides. It is unfortunate for Wolbert but I think it does make us a slighter stronger side, if a little weak in the 2nd string area with Riss & Auty at 2&4.

The Lions have moved to bring in British Champion Danny King and U-21 Champ Josh Bates take the places of Andzejs Lebedevs & Kevin Wolbert.

Bit unfair on the riders let do Just as the season was due to start

These two could be good signings subject to their d/u clashes, this probably makes Leicester stronger.

Could be good for business too, with some bees fans looking for their speedway fix.

• Like 2

King & Bates strengthen the team and will give the supporters more consistency if Lebedevs was going to miss a lot of meetings. Win, win!

what a load of bullcrap.....thank God I never bought a season ticket....King is bloody useless IMO.

Opening fixture against Swindon, Lions will be missing King & Auty. That's the only problem now with 4 double-up riders & a lot of Championship teams riding Saturdays it could mean a lot of guests are needed.

More riders with multiple clubs whilst others who have done nothing wrong, other than to improve their average, sit on the sidelines without a job.

Ruthless :neutral:

Lebedevs was prioritising Poland and other continental bookings so only has himself to blame....

Wolbert just a victim of the numbers game that change caused as much as anything...