British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I get dropping Wolbert but Lebdevs is an odd one as he could have been a very good signing.

Still pleased to see that 3 of the 7 Bees have now got team places.

I have heard that Poland were going to insist both Lebedevs and Wolbert would have to miss UK matches, more than when the signings were declared.....

In anyway, you can't do right from wrong can you? Fans kicking off because to many foreigners signed, and British riders available....

• Like 1

what a load of bullcrap.....thank God I never bought a season ticket....King is bloody useless IMO.

Yet you were wanting Wolves to ditch Masters for King.

Like you say..... what a load of bullc#ap.

• Like 3

Gutted we won't be seeing Lebedevs in Lions colours, was really looking forward to watching him this season. However, I think the move makes sense. Did think it was a matter of time til we signed Josh Bates, what with his uncle being the new owner! Think on balance, the team remains a similar strength at home, but will be better away as both new signings will know all the tracks (formerly elite and premier league). Some concerns about the number of double uppers (especially when that was something they'd considered in team building!). Hopefully King rides in the premiership pairs in Wolberts place, would make a more competitive partnership with Nilsson. Wonder who both these boys will be racing for in the fixture against Coventry?

• Like 1

Lebedevs was prioritising Poland and other continental bookings so only has himself to blame....

Wolbert just a victim of the numbers game that change caused as much as anything...

I'm not blaming them, it's made them stronger imo...

• Like 1

Could be good for business too, with some bees fans looking for their speedway fix.

Makes the challenge interesting

Opening fixture against Swindon, Lions will be missing King & Auty. That's the only problem now with 4 double-up riders & a lot of Championship teams riding Saturdays it could mean a lot of guests are needed.

King will miss

Swindon (Home)

Somerset (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Somerset (Home)

Belle Vue (Home)

Wolverhampton (Home)

That's a lot of home meetings

Bates will miss:

Poole (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Swindon (Home)

Wolverhampton (Home)

Good move from Leicester definitely strengthens them up especially with Bates at reserve a real trump card.

• Like 1

King will miss

Swindon (Home)

Somerset (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Somerset (Home)

Belle Vue (Home)

Wolverhampton (Home)

That's a lot of home meetings

Bates will miss:

Poole (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Swindon (Home)

Wolverhampton (Home)

Unless there are a lot of fixture changes

Ruthless :neutral:

No - common sense prevails I think ... 'ruthless' would have been ditching both Josh Auty and Erik Riss to be replaced by Kenneth Bjerre ( before Aces got him of course ) and Lewis Kerr.

Kim Nilsson

Lewis Kerr

Kenneth Bjerre

Kacper Gomolski

Danny King

Josh Bates

Danny Ayres

Now that would have been a good side !

Cheers

• Like 1

What a complete load of expletives. I am glad that King & Bates are being fully utilised by the leagues in their home nation, but gutted Lebedevs won't be in Britain this year. As far as I was aware he had signed for a Polish Ekstraliga so will be rarely used. I'm certain this change of Lions team is totally down to the confusion & controversy added to the inability of the BSPA to decide what average a SGP & SWC experienced Latvian should start the year as average wise. It is now clear that Ford & CVS think Lebedevs will be too strong a reserve for the GB Speedway Premierrthing.... ****s!

Edited by Col

what a load of bullcrap.....thank God I never bought a season ticket....King is bloody useless IMO.

Perhaps your getting confused with the footballer Andy King because I can't believe your calling the British Champion and a race winner at last year's British GP useless.

Maybe you mean Don King?

• Like 3

Perhaps your getting confused with the footballer Andy King because I can't believe your calling the British Champion and a race winner at last year's British GP useless.

Maybe you mean Don King?

Joe was your last post a typo cos I think it should have read

Maybe your a Donkey

Predictive text what a pain in the arse

Happy to see the British champ in lions colours and Josh now his hand is better

Shame about Wolbert and lebedevs but that's life these days

Hope they all stay fit and looking forward to the new start

Shirl

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to seeing Lebedev's ride again but these are great changes for Leicester as a whole.Wolbert is no great loss an inigma in alot of ways and he would do no better than Auty/Riss.King and Bates are great signings great that we put our English lads first and this Leicester side will not be everyones whipping boys this year.