Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

This season Leicester were all set to ride their home matches on Fridays and signed riders whose other commitments did not clash but along comes Mick Horton who convinces the powers that be that Coventry do intend to operate and insisted on keeping Fridays for himself. Lo and behold Leicester had to scrap all their plans and revert to Saturdays again. If they had been allowed to operate as intended then a better and more reliable team would have been formed. However the fixtures were duly drawn up with Leicester riding on Saturdays. This is why the BSPA should be asked for some help. It would help however if Leicester would consider changing their race night now that Coventry are not involved.

Leicester chose Saturday.

Wolverhampton rode at Somerset last Friday with only 4 of their usual side available.

Yes, but Wolves had like for like guests, Lions have no facility for Nilsson or Gomolski , so with only Championship riders below 4.00 or NL riders available it would be a complete miss-match.

• Like 1

Leicester chose Saturday.

That can't be right because Barrow Boy says differently and Leicester intended to ride on Fridays.

This season Leicester were all set to ride their home matches on Fridays and signed riders whose other commitments did not clash but along comes Mick Horton who convinces the powers that be that Coventry do intend to operate and insisted on keeping Fridays for himself.

CB252...............Garrity and Sarj both unavailable as well so seems little point in this meeting going ahead.

I'm saying nothing. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

That can't be right because Barrow Boy says differently and Leicester intended to ride on Fridays.

This season Leicester were all set to ride their home matches on Fridays and signed riders whose other commitments did not clash but along comes Mick Horton who convinces the powers that be that Coventry do intend to operate and insisted on keeping Fridays for himself.

Damien Bates:

"In terms of fixture planning it has to work for us first and foremost therefore we will take precedence over Coventry who will work around us with their arrangements".

Wolverhampton rode at Somerset last Friday with only 4 of their usual side available.

Yes but they were allowed facilities to cover them. Leicester will not be able to cover 2 missing heat leaders.

Garrity and Sarj both unavailable as well so seems little point in this meeting going ahead.

Leicester vs Coventry has been called off due to lack of rider availability

Garrity and Sarj both unavailable as well so seems little point in this meeting going ahead.

The only rider available is Kerr. The rest will be guests for Coventry.

We have Howarth as a heatleader in place of Garrity.

Harris is guesting for K Bjerre

Leicester vs Coventry has been called off due to lack of rider availability

Not surprised.

If the match v Wolves has to be called off as well, that's going to put a big hole into the home fixtures.

Mondays is starting to look like the only viable race night for this league in terms of rider availability.

Big Al I am pretty sure the Wolves match will be moved to another day next week.

It does make sense to try and find another date for the Coventry fixture when more riders available for both sides.

I hear it's now Friday 28th July for the Bees fixture

Edited by flagrag

Damien Bates:

"In terms of fixture planning it has to work for us first and foremost therefore we will take precedence over Coventry who will work around us with their arrangements".

Well, of course I believe that but I hope Barrow Boy 2 is taking note because there are too many people on here who say things that aren't true. They make it appear their comments are fact when they're not. :neutral:

• Like 1

On a quick count, that's 7 remaining fixtures on a Saturday, and 5 non-Saturday.

So it could become 6/6 or even 5/7 the way things are going.

Better get used to this ratio becoming more permanent in future. I think its the only way a "Saturday" team can hope to remain in business and have a competitive side.

Even so, we now have Poland acting like they want to wipe out other leagues by staging some of their fixtures on weekdays and acting like the Mafia with riders. This SGB Premiership is going to struggle to attract the main sponsor it needs the way its going.

Good on Wolves for making the date change. Wonder if they'd have been as helpful if we still had the previous promotion in charge?

• Like 1

Well, of course I believe that but I hope Barrow Boy 2 is taking note because there are too many people on here who say things that aren't true. They make it appear their comments are fact when they're not. :neutral:

I was given every assurance that what I said was factual by a well respected member of the new promotions team. If it is not true then so be it.

• Like 1