British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

What's left in terms of rider's for Leicester?

The way things are looking at the moment they'll be able to take their pick of the Coventry riders. :neutral:

The High Priest of Beaumont Park Temple is urging all the faithful followers to attend prayers this Friday during which kneeling and bowing in the direction of the mystical east will be mandatory.

Bring your own mat and copy of Speedway Star,incense,myrrh, and hipflask

Trouble is Al when they arrive the innkeeper won't let them in cos it's Friday (open only on a Saturday)

There seems to be a lack of wise men as they've followed the only star we've ever had to Swindon

So all we're left with is the Donkey or maybe 7 donkey's and little in the way of Christmas cheer

Shirl

• Like 3

What's left in terms of rider's for Leicester?

Possibly your 3 most committed riders have gone elsewhere in Hougaard, Starke & Klindt plus Wozniak not interested in the uk.

The most committed rider to Leicester I would have said was Josh Auty, so I wouldn't rule him out of our plans. There's still riders like Kylmakorpi and Nilsson who may be looking for a team place.

A team like:

1. Kylmakorpi,

2. Summers,

3. Lawson,

4. Auty,

5. Buzckowski,

6. Luna,

7. Sissis.

Leaves 0.17 and would be a very competitive septet in this league, IMO

Edited by beckettlion

A team like:

1. Kylmakorpi,

2. Summers,

3. Lawson,

4. Auty,

5. Buzckowski,

6. Luna,

7. Sissis.

Three Glasgow DUs & Sissis who's not riding this year.

Kim Nilsson would be a superb aquisition for Leicester.

An excellent trapper - who has proved at Lakeside that he can regularly beat the very best when in front.

Once Kim got used to the Beaumont Park track, he'd be pretty much unbeatable in my honest view.

Leicester can certainly tap the Lakeside void and hopefully have a much more competitive team in 2017.

Kim has been impressive on his visits so far.

Definitely should be one on the radar.

Kim Nilsson would be a superb aquisition for Leicester.

An excellent trapper - who has proved at Lakeside that he can regularly beat the very best when in front.

Once Kim got used to the Beaumont Park track, he'd be pretty much unbeatable in my honest view.

Saw him at the Kauko testimonial a few years ago and thought he had a neat style kept still on the bike and held a tight line. Well suited to the tight track. However the track may chsnge, we live in hope!

How about;

Nilsson

Auty

Summers

Sedgeman / ludvig

Wozniak

Ashley Morris

Ben Morley

How about;

Nilsson

Auty

Summers

Sedgeman / ludvig

Wozniak

Ashley Morris

Ben Morley

Looks pretty good tbf, prefer Ludvig over Sedgeman as he was good for us last year. Wozniak not returning to Britain by the sounds of things, Buczkowski at 5 would be good, think he's available and was excellent when he last rode for the Lions

Looks pretty good tbf, prefer Ludvig over Sedgeman as he was good for us last year. Wozniak not returning to Britain by the sounds of things, Buczkowski at 5 would be good, think he's available and was excellent when he last rode for the Lions

Summers doesn't convince me he's going to go beyond his current level. Not good value for his average IMO.

Buzz has had his best days, is very inconsistent, no I'd look for someone else better value.

Sedgman impressed me in the TV match v Swindon he seemed the only one willing to try and use the extra room on bend 4 to generate an inside pass on bend 1.

I'd like to see how Anders Thomsen can go at Leicester, if he's available. And Kim Nilsson

As Al say, Summers is going about as far as he can go. Not enthrawled by his performancess this season. Think he will make a mark in the new Champions league, but when it comes to racing against any of the higher ranked riders in the Premier league, I think he is lacking.

They should be able to find a far better replacement out of what is left out there. You never know there may be some big surprises to come.

As Al say, Summers is going about as far as he can go. Not enthrawled by his performancess this season. Think he will make a mark in the new Champions league, but when it comes to racing against any of the higher ranked riders in the Premier league, I think he is lacking.

They should be able to find a far better replacement out of what is left out there. You never know there may be some big surprises to come.

Champions League? No that is reserved for Leicester City!

Yes they're doing really well at the moment. :lol:

You could go buzz and Ludwig with sedgman if Wozniak isn't back! Or Schlein for either.... I think

• Like 1