British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I take your point, Steve, but I would imagine for anxious Leicester fans "wasn't really in doubt" may not have been the first phrase to spring to mind.

As you say, great news. Fingers crossed now for fellow fans at Coventry and Manchester.

I take your point, Steve, but I would imagine for anxious Leicester fans "wasn't really in doubt" may not have been the first phrase to spring to mind.

As you say, great news. Fingers crossed now for fellow fans at Coventry and Manchester.

Yes fingers crossed, it is unthinkable that the best speedway track in the country will not run but Coventry is more in doubt but hopefully we will have good news soon.

Fantastic news for all you Lions fans, now we just need Belle Vue and Coventry to get the go ahead as well. :t:

• Like 2

Good news for speedway with Leicester sorted. I hope their beleaguered fans rally round and turn out in force next season.

Time to get the heavy machinery in and change the shape of that carbunkle of a track.

• Like 2

Buster must alter bends 1 & 2 before the season starts. He could do the work, or oversee the work, to help keep the cost down. The extra casual fans, & returning former fans will make it a worthwile effort in my opinion. I would go to a few meetings, & there is normally 4 in my car if I go to away meetings. Love the stadium, & being really close to the action.

• Like 1

Buster must alter bends 1 & 2 before the season starts. He could do the work, or oversee the work, to help keep the cost down. The extra casual fans, & returning former fans will make it a worthwile effort in my opinion. I would go to a few meetings, & there is normally 4 in my car if I go to away meetings. Love the stadium, & being really close to the action.

The track needs to be altered as a matter of urgency. Priority number one. Even if the team is not great, having a race track where passing actually happens rather than follow the rider in front, will give fans something to talk about and enjoy.

Last time I was there I said I would never attend another meeting there if the track wasn't altered. My guess is, hundreds if that thousands have said the same.

If Buster has the heavy plant to change the track shape, and his lease allows him to, then the cost shouldn't be prohibitive. A couple of low loaders to get the plant there, plus sorting drainage, plus the main thing, time.

A call for volunteers to help should bring in enough labour. The room is there to put in a great shaped track. Go to it Buster!

• Like 1

The track needs to be altered as a matter of urgency. Priority number one. Even if the team is not great, having a race track where passing actually happens rather than follow the rider in front, will give fans something to talk about and enjoy.

Last time I was there I said I would never attend another meeting there if the track wasn't altered. My guess is, hundreds if that thousands have said the same.

If Buster has the heavy plant to change the track shape, and his lease allows him to, then the cost shouldn't be prohibitive. A couple of low loaders to get the plant there, plus sorting drainage, plus the main thing, time.

A call for volunteers to help should bring in enough labour. The room is there to put in a great shaped track. Go to it Buster!

Cost money Steve, something Leicester do not have..

Cost money Steve, something Leicester do not have..

Can u not stop being a troll for 1 frigging day and actually congratulate Leicester for saving the sport in the city.

Well done all involved

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Great news for Leicester, now go and build a great team and have a great season. (just leave our lads alone, they are spoken for) ;):D

Can u not stop being a troll for 1 frigging dynamic and actually congratulate Leicester for saving the sport in the city.

Well done all involved

Yeh great i agree, but you seem to like picking holes. Machinery costs money as for volunteers they will be hard pressed to get them.

Yeh great i agree, but you seem to like picking holes. Machinery costs money as for volunteers they will be hard pressed to get them.

The new owners could be millionaires we don't know

• Like 1

The new owners could be millionaires we don't know

No you dont, and neither does anybody.. Likeyhood being they wont be, but we'l see.

Edited by Starman2006

No you dont, and neither does anybody.. Likeyhood being they wont be, but we'l see.

you never read Phil the ace post properly did you

I forgot to say great the lions are up and running

• Like 1

Indeed great news. As a Coventry fan I hope this is a portent for better news about Brandon in the new year. It would be fantastic if we could be build up some rivalry over the next few years. That's what's needed to keep people coming through the gates - good, close matches and fans giving each other a bit of stick! :wink:

I'll come along with the Bees, I hope.

Lets hope that both Coventry and Belle Vue make their minds up quickly as there are at least 7 riders who are not sure if they will be riding in the Premiership next season Also one or two waiting because they want to know if Belle Vue wants them.

• Like 1