British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Why?? That would put a new promoter on the wrong footing from day 1, that really wouldn't be fair on him/them/her, would it...?

well yes that would be very fair - a football club goes bust like Glasgow Rangers they was religated to 2 else 3 leagues so minus 4 league points is very fair in my opinion .

What a total shambles of a club Leicester are. And all down to one person who just wouldn't listen to any advice.

How the hell did this guy manage to manipulate himself into the position of owner?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Poles aren't allowed to ride Premier League or less they ride under a different licence to their Polish one, so if we are in the Premier League, Wozinak wouldn't be able to ride. I have to agree with you about Klindt, under the circumstances I think he's done pretty well this year & would like to see him return, especially as his last premier average was only 5.42. But let's just hope this mess get's sorted first & we are running next season ( preferably Saturdays in the Premier League).

Poles can ride in the PL but as all their meetings in Poland are at the weekend they don't tend to.

As of now not sure a Leicester Lions 2017 thread has any validity to it. Very disheartening for all supporters of Leicester speedway.

Bugger.

Personally I don't want to watch Premier League racing at Leicester if at all possible, been there, done that, got the T-shirt......

I would prefer an expanded Top league, so you get different teams rather than the same old 7 teams, twice every season..

Revert to pre-edr format (total team ave not more than 39 pts.

1 GP rider, or over 8.00 allowed

8, 9, 10 of the best of the 3 yr trained edr's to ride at no 2 or 4 (1 per team minimum)

No 6 and No 7, Brita only combined ave not to exceed 7pts, from all previous edr's/edr guests, from PL or NL, so you could have say a 5 pointer at no 6, and a 2 pointer at 7, say a Bewley, or Hume type of rider, but not a Wilko.

So that's around 19/20 pts used

So no's 2, 3, and 5 have 20 pts to play with... and you can have who the hell to fill those places except a GP rider, or another 8pt +er.....

Don't have a working example of a team based on the above build, so if SCB/anyone else build a team with this criteria

**** a 2 point reserve******

Anyone from the NL or PL that has not had more than 6 meetings in a PL or EL team, but qualifies for NL, not including old hands (over 20yrs)

(They will be given the 2 point status for team build purposes)

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Edited by Shale Searcher

Personally I don't want to watch Premier League racing at Leicester if at all possible, been there, done that, got the T-shirt......

I would prefer an expanded Top league, so you get different teams rather than the same old 7 teams, twice every season..

Revert to pre-edr format (total team ave not more than 39 pts.

1 GP rider, or over 8.00 allowed

8, 9, 10 of the best of the 3 yr trained edr's to ride at no 2 or 4 (1 per team minimum)

No 6 and No 7, Brita only combined ave not to exceed 7pts, from all previous edr's/edr guests, from PL or NL, so you could have say a 5 pointer at no 6, and a 2 pointer at 7, say a Bewley, or Hume type of rider, but not a Wilko.

So that's around 19/20 pts used

So no's 2, 3, and 5 have 20 pts to play with... and you can have who the hell to fill those places except a GP rider, or another 8pt +er.....

Don't have a working example of a team based on the above build, so if SCB/anyone else build a team with this criteria

**** a 2 point reserve******

Anyone from the NL or PL that has not had more than 6 meetings in a PL or EL team, but qualifies for NL, not including old hands (over 20yrs)

(They will be given the 2 point status for team build purposes)

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Except no teams want to join the EL. EL is basically PL now anyway so not a great deal of difference, Plus Leicester would be a bigger player in the PL if they stay Elite they might aswell collect the wooden spoon now

Dave Darcy was interviewed on Radio Leicester this morning (I didn't know Radio Leicester knew we had a speedway team). He stated categorically that the Lions would be riding in the Elite League next season, with new sponsors, although he couldn't say any more until after the AGM.

• Like 2

Dave Darcy was interviewed on Radio Leicester this morning (I didn't know Radio Leicester knew we had a speedway team). He stated categorically that the Lions would be riding in the Elite League next season, with new sponsors, although he couldn't say any more until after the AGM.

​Not a happy situation sadly for Leicester fans as the moment. Now what was to have been the 2016 finale has been cancelled:

SGB PRESS RELEASE

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82993

Except no teams want to join the EL. EL is basically PL now anyway so not a great deal of difference, Plus Leicester would be a bigger player in the PL if they stay Elite they might aswell collect the wooden spoon now

So EL is basically PL now anyway, but Leicester will be a bigger player in the PL but collect wooden spoon in EL. If they're basically the same, why would that be the case?!

Would be a shame to see them drop back down, have enjoyed my visits there, a nice set up. Hopefully they'll get sorted with a management to push them forward.

Edited by Reliant Robin

Well that's something to be positive about at least. As long as it's not on a Saturday night again.

That's good news, in that case I will keep my rain off ticket for next year orrrr would it help the new promotion to cash it in so they get my money next season 😊

• Like 1

That's good news, in that case I will keep my rain off ticket for next year orrrr would it help the new promotion to cash it in so they get my money next season 😊

Like your thinking.

As of now not sure a Leicester Lions 2017 thread has any validity to it. Very disheartening for all supporters of Leicester speedway.

Bugger.

It possibly just needs moving to the Premier League section