British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I for one need the disabled parking space and I for one am actually disabled after trapping my spinal chord many years ago. I know there are quite a few people who have blue badges that don't need then, I even had my wrists slapped when I sent a letter to Derbyshire council asking why people who reached 65 thought it was a given right to be able to get a badge, I am now 65 and need it more that ever

• Like 1

I think that Leicester will find it hard to assemble a team when it comes to it. they will find it had to get Heat leaders as most have been snapped up. they could get some decent second strings and reserves.

You could still have Kim Nilsson, Szmion Wozniak and Jonas Kylmakorpi as a strong top three.

Or if you won the lottery you could have Woffinden, Lindback and Zagar.

Szymon Wozniak is rumoured to have quit British racing in 2017.
1. Kim Nilsson 9.63
2. Piotr Swiderski 7.28
3. Richard Lawson 8.22
4. Justin Sedgmen 7.60
5. Krzysztof Buczkowski 8.43
6. Ashley Morris 4.98
7. Tom Perry 3.76

Szymon Wozniak is rumoured to have quit British racing in 2017.
1. Kim Nilsson 9.63

2. Piotr Swiderski 7.28

3. Richard Lawson 8.22

4. Justin Sedgmen 7.60

5. Krzysztof Buczkowski 8.43

6. Ashley Morris 4.98

7. Tom Perry 3.76

Sedgmen has already signed the contract so there is your first rider.

Can't think of anything worse than putting your life into your dream for 20 years only to see what should have been your crowning moment cruelly ruined by some ego loon with a messiah complex. Hopefully Ken can finally get his wish and get to see the Lions and feel proud of what he achieved for us Leicester Lions supporters. Maybe something could finally be done, whether in the name of a meeting or a naming of part of the stadium that would redress the situation. You never know according to Buster on radio, he might be able to look out from the stadium to see Dave Hemsley getting to work on the rest of the stadium complex he's been promising to get on with the last 6 years now he's got a bit more time on his hands (yeah, I know, I know!)

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

Mick.

I would be a great honour to him if they changed the name of the Stadium in his name. As you say 20 years of his life spent getting Speedway back in the City for it to be taken over by one man with a mission, that nearlly brought it all falling again, at least it has been saved and we can hope that finally we get a team to be proud of and some kind of recognition for Ken,

I for one need the disabled parking space and I for one am actually disabled after trapping my spinal chord many years ago. I know there are quite a few people who have blue badges that don't need then, I even had my wrists slapped when I sent a letter to Derbyshire council asking why people who reached 65 thought it was a given right to be able to get a badge, I am now 65 and need it more that ever

more than half the people in the disabled carpark .and spilling over into the riders carpark . don't have a blue badge because they don't need one , they just think using the public carpark is beneath them . I have on occasion pointed these people out to the stewards ,who just shrug their shoulders and say they cant do anything . I've even seen people like that , park in the spare ambulance space and then argue when told to move .

Can't think of anything worse than putting your life into your dream for 20 years only to see what should have been your crowning moment cruelly ruined by some ego loon with a messiah complex. Hopefully Ken can finally get his wish and get to see the Lions and feel proud of what he achieved for us Leicester Lions supporters. Maybe something could finally be done, whether in the name of a meeting or a naming of part of the stadium that would redress the situation. You never know according to Buster on radio, he might be able to look out from the stadium to see Dave Hemsley getting to work on the rest of the stadium complex he's been promising to get on with the last 6 years now he's got a bit more time on his hands (yeah, I know, I know!)

spoke to Ken In town a few weeks back . I can't see him returning TBH . he is completely disillusioned with the whole of speedway , I think I would be the same TBH , after 28 years of unwavering faith , being pushed aside by the new messiah and his out of the woodwork followers in the final furlong ,would leave a bad taste in anyones mouth ..

• Like 1

I think Two signings which are all but secured is Lawson and Sedgmen. I think Leicester would be fools to have Auty back. If you bring Auty back thats the season over. With an average of 7 which should be about 4.

• Like 1

If the Chapman's are now involved at Leicester would Norrie Allen still be TM?

Could you see Mads returning if he isn't given the Kings Lynn link?

I would like to see mikkel michelsen after he wanted to sign for Poole but Wednesday night did not work. He would be a great signing has improved a lot as a rider.

I think Two signings which are all but secured is Lawson and Sedgmen. I think Leicester would be fools to have Auty back. If you bring Auty back thats the season over. With an average of 7 which should be about 4.

If Lawson signs I presume that will mean no Saturday night meetings as Glasgow now ride home meetings on Saturdays & he isn't going to sign for 2 Saturday tracks.

If Lawson signs I presume that will mean no Saturday night meetings as Glasgow now ride home meetings on Saturdays & he isn't going to sign for 2 Saturday tracks.

how sure are you that leicster will be a Saturday night track still , It was Hemsley who believed that Leicester would only be viable on Saturdays ,but Buster may well have other ideas

how sure are you that leicster will be a Saturday night track still , It was Hemsley who believed that Leicester would only be viable on Saturdays ,but Buster may well have other ideas

Probably one of the very few correct decisions he made as Friday/Saturday/Sunday are the best days to run Speedway meetings. I think they are hanging on to see what happens at Coventry and will then pick Friday as the race night, along with a few of the riders as well. I just hope we are put out of our misery soon and all this indecision about Brandon doesn't drag on for a few more months. :neutral:

Agree, Buster may well have other ideas, but I hope not, I don't midweek speedway at Leicester will be financially viable .

no and no to them both - Olly Allen will be your team manager