British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Well you won't be surprised that I wont bother entering into any conversations with you about it . I know who they are , they know who they are , and so do many of the older Lions fans , you think St David did it all , you're welcome to your own misconceptions ,

Fair enough. Shame none of those "you know about" got it up and running.

We can all talk about we can do this better, it's easy enough to do.

All we know is one man put his money where his mouth is, the rest did nothing I assume.

Anyway this is getting all a bit personal so let's leave it there.

You know people who would have been involved and I have respect for someone who gave speedway back to Leicester.

It's not about a points scoring opportunity.

I just don't get the venom sprayed DH's way personally after what he made happen.

Like I say, I'm not looking to score points.

Edited by stevebrum

Fair enough. Shame none of those "you know about" got it up and running.

We can all talk about we can do this better, it's easy enough to do.

All we know is one man put his money where his mouth is, the rest did nothing I assume.

Anyway this is getting all a bit personal so let's leave it there.

You know people who would have been involved and I have respect for someone who gave speedway back to Leicester.

It's not about a points scoring opportunity.

I just don't get the venom sprayed DH's way personally after what he made happen.

Like I say, I'm not looking to score points.

It reads like you are to me. You mentioned those with "small" (presumably you meant "short") memories, whoever they are. Those with longer memories would of course remember the tireless work done by others to bring about Leicester's return before DH moved into the limelight.
  • Like 2

It reads like you are to me. You mentioned those with "small" (presumably you meant "short") memories, whoever they are. Those with longer memories would of course remember the tireless work done by others to bring about Leicester's return before DH moved into the limelight.

In the fullness of time ,as always does , the truth will out ,

Sure about what? ?

Sure about your comment 'without DH there would be no Speedway in Leicester to talk about.' There were others involved ~ one being Ken Naylor ~ but there's not much point reeling names off because you wouldn't know who they are anyway.

And yet you liked to watch 'Naked Attraction'? :shock:

Blimey! You've got a good memory. :lol: I keep waiting for the second series but perhaps they can't get enough volunteers to make one.

Sure about your comment 'without DH there would be no Speedway in Leicester to talk about.' There were others involved ~ one being Ken Naylor ~ but there's not much point reeling names off because you wouldn't know who they are anyway.

Of course there were people keeping the pressure on to bring speedway back, just like their was with Birmingham.

So not disrespecting any of those involved in that process of that's the tone you have taken.

It still needs someone with the ability, money and power to make it happen.

Blimey! You've got a good memory. :lol: I keep waiting for the second series but perhaps they can't get enough volunteers to make one.

Fear not Gem, I saw an advert in the paper the other day asking for volunteers/participants for a second series of Naked Attraction. :D

• Like 1

Fear not Gem, I saw an advert in the paper the other day asking for volunteers/participants for a second series of Naked Attraction. :D

And I can't be a contestant. I know some of the people who work on the show :sad: Sad times!

Edited by SCB

What new bridge? :P Actually I might know this as I think there has been a massive housing estate built/being built on Lubbersthorpe Road and it goes there and presumably is also their access to the M1.

I always try to avert my eyes from even a quick glance of looking up there. :lol:

Back in the old days I'd hide Penthouse inside Speedway Star at the checkout. These days it would more likely be the other way round
  • Like 6

Of course there were people keeping the pressure on to bring speedway back, just like their was with Birmingham.

So not disrespecting any of those involved in that process of that's the tone you have taken.

It still needs someone with the ability, money and power to make it happen.

the bottom line to this debate is that speedway returned to Leicester due to the efforts of many including DH. I am sure there were opportunities for others to arrange funding and provide a viable promotion but for what ever reason they did not materialize and ultimately DH got hold of the reigns. As we now know, over time DH made mistakes which were avoidable (isn't hindsight a wonderful thing) and has paid the price.

Now we need to look forward in the hope that others will learn from the mistakes made and along with the sport in general, become better organised, profitable and thus able to go from strength to strength.

With thanks to all of those who have gone before whom without, there would be no opportunity to take advantage of I say GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONCERNED - Hope we have a sunny summer!

• Like 1

Justin Sedgeman leading the Aussie Championships by 3 points after winning round 3. Rumoured to be heading to the Lions and sounds like he's in great form!

Justin has confirmed he has had talks with Leicester but nothing is signed or agreed yet, on his current form he would be a good signing.

• Like 1

Justin has confirmed he has had talks with Leicester but nothing is signed or agreed yet, on his current form he would be a good signing.

what sort of ave would he be , I assume you are judging current form on the basis of his Aussie Champs standing ?

what sort of ave would he be , I assume you are judging current form on the basis of his Aussie Champs standing ?

7.6 of the 50 point limit.

He is doing well in the Aussie Champs but even at Swindon last year he ended with an av of 5.4 so not a bad 2nd string.

Last year he got 5 and 9 in Swindons meetings at Leicester, the 9 was as a heat leader number 5, 2,3,1,1,2,0, so not bad.

Edited by A ORLOV

Did Nikolai Klindt win an award last night at that sports do at the Leicester Tigers ground? Where Alan Birchenall had his heart attack? Noticed his name on the wall of fame there??

the bottom line to this debate is that speedway returned to Leicester due to the efforts of many including DH. I am sure there were opportunities for others to arrange funding and provide a viable promotion but for what ever reason they did not materialize and ultimately DH got hold of the reigns. As we now know, over time DH made mistakes which were avoidable (isn't hindsight a wonderful thing) and has paid the price.

Now we need to look forward in the hope that others will learn from the mistakes made and along with the sport in general, become better organised, profitable and thus able to go from strength to strength.

With thanks to all of those who have gone before whom without, there would be no opportunity to take advantage of I say GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONCERNED - Hope we have a sunny summer!

As I have previously said .Hemsley brought nothing back ,everything was signed and sealed BEFORE he was involved , Sam Ermolenko was in place as the project manager long before Hemsley arrived , and was the first casualty of the ego ,

7.6 of the 50 point limit.

He is doing well in the Aussie Champs but even at Swindon last year he ended with an av of 5.4 so not a bad 2nd string.

Last year he got 5 and 9 in Swindons meetings at Leicester, the 9 was as a heat leader number 5, 2,3,1,1,2,0, so not bad.

he's been around a fair old while , But I suppose 7.6 from 50 is not too much of an expectation to achieve , the field in this years Aussie champs is actually pretty weak ,so not really a good indicator as to expected form .