British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

You said gardening didn't happen in years gone by. I got a bunch of 1980s belle vue dvds for Xmas, and in one of those the commentator is moaning about the amount of gardening in "modern" speedway.

You got blasted because you were wrong and wouldn't admit it, totally out of character as that may be.

No you just turned it round to suit yourself.

I could also see it going down hill and still having a small emotional attachment I put olive branch out to DH by text and FB messenger last winter.I was back in the UK for a period and was happy to assist in getting the mistakes corrected and making it a success.... I never heard back.

Like I have said before, without DH's financial commitment and risk the stadium would never have been built, so in my opinion he thoroughly deserved his opportunity at running the club. Just a shame for the fans he was reluctant to accept the majority of help or advice given to him, and in hindsight I would hope he realises that his biggest downfall was not respecting the people who helped him get where he was and listen to the people that matter the most, the fans!

There's a limit to how much sugar you can blow up your own arse Jonathan, keep on and you'll be farting candy floss forever!

I said Leicester was a club in crisis 3 years ago and got blasted for daring to say it, I will say it again that unless someone takes full control of the stadium i.e. Buys it then how will things improve with DH still pulling the strings.

Robert72 - Mr Hemsley is no longer pulling the strings at Leicester with the Speedway operation he is just the stadium owner and I understand relationship with the new promotion is good and positive talks have been had about track changes it's just case on ironing out the financials of the work as the promotion feel that DH should pay towards it as his stadium

There's a limit to how much sugar you can blow up your own arse Jonathan, keep on and you'll be farting candy floss forever!

Sounds good to me, I will open a few kiosks. Beats working for living.

• Like 4

Say it ain't so.

The new promotion are expecting Hemsley (who thought there was nothing wrong with the track & has speedway debts still to pay) to foot the bill for track changes?

That isn't going happen during this 15 year lease then!

Robert72 - Mr Hemsley is no longer pulling the strings at Leicester with the Speedway operation he is just the stadium owner and I understand relationship with the new promotion is good and positive talks have been had about track changes it's just case on ironing out the financials of the work as the promotion feel that DH should pay towards it as his stadium

Edited by Astill lodge lion
  • Like 2

And you think DH will pay towards something he felt didn't need changing ?

After reading Mr Darcys strong views on DH are you sure everything is still rosey plus he may not have the speedway promotion rights but without his stadium there is no Leicester speedway so he has a lot of power still.

Turned what round? So you didn't say there was far less gardening in the past?

Who do you guys think will be in your team. I can see a few riders who were slated by previous management returning.

I don't know how the averages fit or the polish rule but

Mads

Michealsen

Sedgeman

Schlien

Bridger

Buzkowski

Morris Nielsen

Maybe others like kylmakorpi and Kim Jansen in the mix? But it would mean a weaker reserve

I reckon the following:-

Danny King

Kenneth Bjerre

Lasse Bjerre

James Sarjeant

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Lewis Kerr

Turned what round? So you didn't say there was far less gardening in the past?

I wouldn't bother trying to get an answer. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

if yoy go back a few weeks you will find what you said about gardening i dont think you said on this thread

Bloody hell I hope not.

Danny king - wouldn't mind

Kenneth Bjerre - no thanks

Lasse Bjerre - Leicester reject

James Sarjeant - tape breaker

Jason Garrity - knuckle scraping Leicester reject

Josh bates - knuckle scraping Leicester reject

Lewis Kerr - whatever

Danny King

Kenneth Bjerre

Lasse Bjerre

James Sarjeant

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Lewis Kerr

Its not a bad team that Gem

• Like 1

Think you have just let the cat of the bag. This is certainly something that should have been sorted out whilst negotiating the lease, so either:

a) The lease has not been signed yet in which case new promotion have prematurely made the announcement and whole thing is at risk if one party does not back down and an agreement reached.

B) the new promotion made a boo boo in signing a new lease and not putting this clause in it, in which case there is a chance the new season may start without any track alterations.

Either way you can not blame Hemsley for this, if I was him I doubt I would spend my capital on it as it would not add a single pound to my return.

Let's hope the comments Darcy made about Hemsley in the speedway star have not been taken to heart and the relationship stays 'good and positive'.

Disclaimer: before anyone decides I am a scaremonger or a candy floss farting machine, flag rag is a reliable source who has reported that negotions are still on going.

Edited by jchapman

Danny King

Kenneth Bjerre

Lasse Bjerre

James Sarjeant

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Lewis Kerr

So where does Justin Sedgmen fit in?

Danny King

Kenneth Bjerre

Lasse Bjerre

James Sarjeant

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Lewis Kerr

Hope not for Leciesters sake. Be nice if they had a decent season instead of another struggle