British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I never jumped ship. Found out from a friend that someone else had been given the job. I heard nothing until I phoned Buster and was then told that someone else was doing it.

I then found out that it was the guy who has been helping me for the last 5 years. I had been talking to him weekly since the season had finished he never said a thing.

Glyn

Well that's nice. The charm offensive of the new regime is up and running it would seem.

Wish you all the best

• Like 2

I never jumped ship. Found out from a friend that someone else had been given the job. I heard nothing until I phoned Buster and was then told that someone else was doing it.

I then found out that it was the guy who has been helping me for the last 5 years. I had been talking to him weekly since the season had finished he never said a thing.

Glyn

Oh dear! is that the bloke who always seem to stall the tractor or dump the shale in a big heap on the back straight, he didn't seem to have much of a clue.

• Like 1

Glyn

You're having a laugh aren't you? That's the only person I have met who can be out smarted by a wet sponge!!

• Like 1

StevetheLion - Yes that is Kevin Blunder Thrift I will never forget the nights he jack knife the tractor and bowser in the middle of the track and also drove into the start gate we are going to need some luck although I expect that Buster will do most of the preparations and in the event of poor weather will be the one to sort it out.

I am sad to see Glyn go as a nice bloke with some ideas and always tried his best to sort the track, To be honest I think if it had been anyone else than Buster buying Leicester then Glyn would still be there.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 4

Oh dear! is that the bloke who always seem to stall the tractor or dump the shale in a big heap on the back straight, he didn't seem to have much of a clue.

The same fella that did a lap of the track with the intention of watering it? Only he didn't spray the water over the width of the track, just dribbled it out the back of the machine? And then flooded turn 2 by the pit entrance trying to reverse the tractor back in to the pits?

Comedy gold was that.

• Like 1

That's quite the norm. I remember having a weekly gig at a club in Bournemouth. Did every Friday night and built it up from nothing, and I mean nothing, to having it packed out every Friday. The place was very popular. I had a 'mate' who used to look after the decks while I took a p break and got a drink. Then the club changed hands and closed for a month for a refit.

I popped in a week before it was due to open to see how things were coming along, to be told my services were no longer required. My "mate" had been in and told the new owner he could do the same as me for beer money. (I took half the door money). So I paid the 'mate' a visit and asked him what he was up to. The bloke didn't know where to put his face.

Needless to say he didn't have a clue and the night died on its feet very quickly. I got a call asking if I wanted it back and got great joy in telling the new owners where to shove it.

Any chance of BIGGING your self up anymore? cringeworthy😅
  • Like 3

And I bet that Glyn is still owed money

Bloody hell I hope not.

Danny king - wouldn't mind

Kenneth Bjerre - no thanks

Lasse Bjerre - Leicester reject

James Sarjeant - tape breaker

Jason Garrity - knuckle scraping Leicester reject

Josh bates - knuckle scraping Leicester reject

Lewis Kerr - whatever

Are you dissing the Coventry team Liontamer? :lol:

So where does Justin Sedgmen fit in?

Has he signed? Take your pick then on changing one of my suggested team. :wink:

Glyn

Nice way to be treated. :neutral: Good luck Glyn and thank you for all your hard work over the last 5 years.

Are you dissing the Coventry team Liontamer? :lol:

Has he signed? Take your pick then on changing one of my suggested team. :wink:

Nice way to be treated. :neutral: Good luck Glyn and thank you for all your hard work over the last 5 years.

I posted a couple of days ago that Justin has had talks but nothing was signed as yet, ie a couple of days ago, he is planning to fly back to the UK during Jan as he has to get a new visa by the end of Jan.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Glyn

Well this is far from what we would want to see from the new promoters. This is the sort of behavior we are led to believe would be typical of what was dished out by the outgoing promoter (not saying it was). Cant see any difference here - hope its a one off and these guys DO LEARN from their mistakes.

That's quite the norm. I remember having a weekly gig at a club in Bournemouth. Did every Friday night and built it up from nothing, and I mean nothing, to having it packed out every Friday. The place was very popular. I had a 'mate' who used to look after the decks while I took a p break and got a drink. Then the club changed hands and closed for a month for a refit.

I popped in a week before it was due to open to see how things were coming along, to be told my services were no longer required. My "mate" had been in and told the new owner he could do the same as me for beer money. (I took half the door money). So I paid the 'mate' a visit and asked him what he was up to. The bloke didn't know where to put his face.

Needless to say he didn't have a clue and the night died on its feet very quickly. I got a call asking if I wanted it back and got great joy in telling the new owners where to shove it.

What a bloody ego you have to change the situation to you😳😳

• Like 3

What a bloody ego you have to change the situation to you

Its called a similar situation and what happens to people all the time. The new Leicester promotion think they are saving money using the other guy and kicked the better guy into touch. Its false economy and could well come back to bite them on the arse, as it did with my experience.

Glyn

You did miracles to polish a turd each meeting on that badly shaped track.

I was surprised you came back for a second stint and hope you will give a full statement on how hard your job was and the hurdles you faced.

Surprised you were blown out in favour of someone not qualified to prepare a race track.

Good luck Glyn

• Like 1

Reading the Speedway Star article I see DD has dropped a very strong hint that Lions will race on Saturdays...is that anybody's else understanding?