British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So a month since the bspa confirmation with full details on management, race night and structure in early January.

Since the we have had Dave Darcy confirmed as promoter,that's it.

DD advised on 4 January that priority is sorting the team out and has in interviews advised he is pleased with the riders he's looking at signing and would choose these riders anyway.

So no manager, no race night, no management structure and no riders. All we know is Richard Lawson thought he was coming to Leicester but isn't and that the lions team building will depend on the Coventry situation as they have riders with contracts already and we could pick up those contracts.

So who is making the decisions at Leicester? DD at one minute happy with the riders he was looking at but those discussions seemingly on hold pending Coventry. Is the decision on riders coming from bspa, buster or DD?

In that regard, deadlines come and go, further deadlines provided with the looming prospect that Coventry don't officially run as the Bees.... but Leicester become a quasi Coventry set up.

Does the bspa have a liability to the Bees riders who have signed a contract?

If Coventry go bust, then the riders contracts will be owned by the BSPA so Leicester in need of rider assets can buy or loan them on the cheap plus get Friday race nights,

I hope Coventry is saved by a new promotor who can give the club a long future.

Better get your cup a coffees on order

It's cold out there start of the season

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

Thought he was injured.

Thought he was injured.

Someone did mention he had broken his leg flat track racing, but that was middle of December, I would think by the end of March that should have mended.

Someone did mention he had broken his leg flat track racing, but that was middle of December, I would think by the end of March that should have mended.

Looked a nasty femur break - although now back in training I see. Hope to see him back fit soon, could be a good signing but I've lost track of this 'average's' cr@p.

Wouldn't surprise me, I don't think all the Bees 1-7 are keen on a switch to Leicester. I wonder if Leicester will ride Friday nights?

Looked a nasty femur break - although now back in training I see. Hope to see him back fit soon, could be a good signing but I've lost track of this 'average's' cr@p.

Thought he was injured.

Sorry. Posts 920 and 921 are not making any sense ... or have I missed something? It's cold where and who's injured? It doesn't seem to follow on from anything beforehand, at least on my PC. Mixed threads? My age showing?

Sorry. Posts 920 and 921 are not making any sense ... or have I missed something? It's cold where and who's injured? It doesn't seem to follow on from anything beforehand, at least on my PC. Mixed threads? My age showing?

I think the clue is in "cup of coffees" as in Kylmakorpi

• Like 2

Joonas Kylmakorpi is often referred to by the nickname "cup-of-coffee"

Now if I remember correctly, he had a brilliant meeting for the Bees against Leicester, not last season, but the season before at Beaumont Park, but I cannot remember if he even rode against us at Beaumont Park last season whilst riding for Wolverhampton..

Can anyone remember?

Joonas Kylmakorpi is often referred to by the nickname "cup-of-coffee"

Now if I remember correctly, he had a brilliant meeting for the Bees against Leicester, not last season, but the season before at Beaumont Park, but I cannot remember if he even rode against us at Beaumont Park last season whilst riding for Wolverhampton..

Can anyone remember?

He rode in the 21st May fixture scoring 7+2 from 4, but didn't ride in the fixture on 2nd July.