British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Q) How do you keep Leicester speedway fans in suspense? ...............

I'll let you know tomorrow.

• Like 3

Wasn't convinced there was enough "substance" to the new set up when it was first announced although I suppose like many others I kept an open mind especially in the light of goings-on at Brandon.

Whether it's a case of Darcy's cheque bouncing or a new sponsor changing their mind, or something emerging which wasn't spotted during diligence and negotiations, suspicions of a setback can't be good for confidence.

So how can Darcy say he is the new promoter at Leicester if he hasn't got the money to pay for the lease? Surely before announcing he is the new man he would have all his finances in place? Or is he just a chancer who saw an opportunity and blagged it? I can't believe the BSPA would allow him to get so far without his finances being thoroughly vetted.

If he is financially capable and is then pushed aside, he would certainly have a case to seek compensation, unless he was just a puppet promoter employed by Chapman as a front man.

It just gets messier by the day. The crap is really about to hit the fan(s).

Buster is the leaseholder not Darcy. Darcy is the promoter.

I think it beggars belief that 2 weeks after the announcement that Leicester had been saved the full details have not been released. I know tsunami believes we should be grateful of the new leader and his hard work, however I have no idea why the communication with fans has been so bad.

Unfortunately, I think the damage from this will far outway any positives and the sport will remain on life support for the foreseable future.

As I often advise businesses, just because someone is a great guy to have in the trenches with you, it does not mean you would want then planning the attack.

A very true statement, a leader that leads.

I certainly wouldn't fancy having you in the trenches behind me, with a gun in your hand.

• Like 1

I am here TMW just have nothing to add at present apart from to say British Speedway has other serious issues to contend with now other than just the Leicester & Coventry situation which will please some fans but not others.

• Like 1

I am here TMW just have nothing to add at present apart from to say British Speedway has other serious issues to contend with now other than just the Leicester & Coventry situation which will please some fans but not others.

Thanks for that.

Not sure what to make of your post flagrag. Can't see how a serious issue can please some fans at all.

• Like 1

Can you say what the other serious issues are Flagrag? Is the sport in more trouble than we think?

Can you say what the other serious issues are Flagrag? Is the sport in more trouble than we think?

No SKY deal ?

• Like 2

If that's the case , we managed without it before and now we'll have to learn how to do it again

Finishes in 2019

If that's the case , we managed without it before and now we'll have to learn how to do it again

For those who remember but I'm fairly new to the spirt so Monday nights won't be the same though. Kelvin tweeted about the GP's and WTC contract. Hope it wasn't a clue
  • Like 1

I think that the way Leicester have been used and the lack of respect to Leicester fans throughout this Coventry saga is appalling. I am resentful of Leicester being used as a fall back option, a second choice for all things Coventry to the extent we have yet to sign riders or sort ourselves out. Silence from Leicester is deafening and it's a disgrace.

I want both Leicester and Coventry to run and if a temporary use of BP is needed for Coventry so be it but that's all the Coventry involvement and association I want.

I wouldn't say Leicester have been used as they have had a lot of their own problems to sort out after David was booted out. They need riders so it's understandable they would wait to see if any were released from the Coventry team. Lack of respect to the fans though ~ yes ~ and you can include Coventry and Belle Vue in that too but as fans we should be used to that now.

Finishes in 2019

Contracts can always be ended though can't they? :unsure: If I was Sky I don't think I would bother either with up to 3 teams still up in the air.

Edited by Gemini