British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So looks like Mr Landlord Hemsley will be having some more income from another tenant!

• Like 1

So looks like Mr Landlord Hemsley will be having some more income from another tenant!

Shouldn't think so. The stadium is being leased by Chapman for 15 years. Should imagine the rent will go to him.

Shouldn't think so. The stadium is being leased by Chapman for 15 years. Should imagine the rent will go to him.

I agree, the lease holder will get any rent...

Hmmm...Wouldn't be surprised if there's a clause in that lease providing him with some slice of the income in the event of increased activity. He may be many things but I don't think he's stupid when it comes to those kind of things!

Thought I was obvious we would start the season at Leicester when Hemsley joined the Save cov Speedway group.

• Like 1

The stadium hire fee from Coventry meetings will be paid to DH as the contract originally signed was just for the promoting rights at Leicester

• Like 1

Looks like Coventry are going to track share with Leicester.

That's me done with Leicester Speedway then!

Ahh bless, grow up.

• Like 5

Yes and you've got a small penis!

Why am I not surprised that you know that.

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised that you know that.

Must be from personal experience

Leicester will have to move smartly for Sedgman, as he could be a ready made replacement at Poole for Brady Kurtz if his injuries from yesterday are worse than initially feared?!

Interestingly the 'No Sky' rumour was doing the rounds at Poole's fans quiz night back in December!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking when I heard the news about Kurtz.

So how about a team now?

1 Hougaard 8.70

2 Ludvig Lindgren 7.69

3 Sedgmen 7.60

4 Schlein 7.17

5 Auty 7.01

6 J B Andersen 6.30

7 Stefan Nielsen 5.53

Tot 50.00

Sedgmen tweeted last week that he was still looking for a British club

How on earth can anyone say that they will no longer go and watch the Lions, because they have been kind enough to offer the use of the stadium, so that the Bees can continue to race this season. All I can say they have done a very great proud service to save another historic speedway club from joing all those that have gone before, we have lost far to many great clubs over the years.

Don't be so small minded and get behind your team. So much has been done to get things this far.

I know we have moaned and groaned about being kept poorly informed.

But at least we go to the tapes again and hopefully the Bees will be back at Brandon before to long. Not only do the Bees need saving, but also Brandon Stadium, it will give them time to bring so much need work to the stadium infastructre while they are at it.

Looking forward to the coming season, I personally think we will be in for so good racing. Just hope that they give the fans a Lions team to do them proud for once, because the last 3 years have been a complete and utter farce. Trying to run in the EL with a NL team.

• Like 6

arnieg, on 29 Jan 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

So how about a team now?

1 Hougaard 8.70

2 Ludvig Lindgren 7.69

3 Sedgmen 7.60

4 Schlein 7.17

5 Auty 7.01

6 J B Andersen 6.30

7 Stefan Nielsen 5.53

Tot

Would Kenni for Paddy be an option ?

So how about a team now?

1 Hougaard 8.70

2 Ludvig Lindgren 7.69

3 Sedgmen 7.60

4 Schlein 7.17

5 Auty 7.01

6 J B Andersen 6.30

7 Stefan Nielsen 5.53

Tot 50.00

How about

1. Kim Nilsson 9.63

2. Kylmakorpi 9.35

3. Sedgeman 7.60

4. Schlein 7.17

5. Auty 7.01

6. MPT 6.98

7. JPB 2.00

TOTAL 49.74

• Like 1

The stadium hire fee from Coventry meetings will be paid to DH as the contract originally signed was just for the promoting rights at Leicester

Not saying you're wrong flagrag but wouldn't that be in direct conflict to what DD said? When he said it was a no no and provided his logical business reasons, he really therefore had no grounds, basis or authority to make such a statement if the usage to non Leicester was out of his control.

If Leicester promoting rights include use of the track for Leicester only then were there usage parameters set? If that agreement was for unlimited Leicester usage then the terms would need to be changed as clearly Coventry will also use it.

What do Leicester and the promotion get in return?

What happens about Leicester track improvements? Surely now 3 parties are part of that discussion?

Is this why DD is very quiet? He has been undermined? Is it that his promoting model completely is shot to pieces? Is it a decision or one of a number of decisions from "above" that he doesn't agree with which may apply to the delay, the conflict on his previous intimations regarding riders, needing to deal with DH and/or putting Coventry first?

How about

1. Kim Nilsson 9.63

2. Kylmakorpi 9.35

3. Sedgeman 7.60

4. Schlein 7.17

5. Auty 7.01

6. MPT 6.98

7. JPB 2.00

TOTAL 49.74

Now you're talking!