British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Emil Is Missing Gp

copied and translated from sportowefakty.pl

Quite often, you had been asked about riding again in the British League. Finally, we heard that you will not be riding there in 2017 season.

The priority for me are leagues in Poland and Sweden. At this moment the British League is not. I suspect that many fans would like me to be there and it is very flatering. I did spend a few seasons there. There was a great atmosphere, both in the team and in the stands. However, at the moment, from a sporting point of view, I do not need to ride in the UK . I'd rather have a little more free time, which I can spend on training or with my family.

Before the 2014 season you resigned from the Grand Prix. In our previous discussions it was highlighted, that you will not return until you miss this cycle. How do you feel about it now?

- Yes, it is true, that I long for it again. Few people know that this season I was to ride in qualifying rounds for this cycle. Unfortunatelly an earlier injury, thwarted my plans. So I have to count on the organizers favours whilst distributing wild cards or start in the qualifying rounds next year.

Contractual matters have been taken care of, so now is the time to rest. What plans do you have in front of you?

I have just arrived at St. Petersburg with my family and I intend to rest. It looks as though I won’t get much rest because I have a lot of things to do in Russia. Soon I'm going to begin preparations for the next season. We'll see what happens next, but generally I don’t intend to rest in the tropics .I want to spend more time in Russia.

Edited by PolskiZuzel
  • Like 1