British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Well the 2016 season came to a close last night with a disappointing result to finish with. To finish the season with a defeat and low scoring reserves like how we started the season.

On a positive note at least this thread is started a month later than the 2016 was last year, proved how well the team done this year. Now to wait a few weeks to see what the agm throws up to see what sort of team we can fit in.

One thing I would like to changed for next year is the track material again, or the way the current material is prepared. It seems to offer very little chance of making passes, but going by the times its still fast.

Also Danyon should be back whatever the rules are. He will make a mockery of his starting average. Oh and if we could lose a couple of last night's riders to. please please pretty please.

Edited by baldyman

I would expect Gino to be under consideration. He got the required US champs qualification I believe.

Don't want to see Risager anywhere near the team next season, never performs at the crunch time of the season like heat 14 last night. Gino has a three year visa according to the speedway star interview, but what average would he come back on? If Hume is at reserve wouldn't mind seeing Ashley Morris back as his partner, as he never let us down and was surprised he didn't get a team spot this season.

With the potential of Hume I'd go for if its 7 riders....

King

Manzares

Nicholls

Risager

Hume

Ayres

Plus 1 what do I have left over

Although I'm not giving my opinion on team selections just yet I will quite happily debate others ideas. Any team will require a high percentage of gaters unless radical changes are made to the track. Even with all the obvious speed advantage Danny King had against Charles Wright he still couldn't get past him.

I'm afraid this wish list really wouldn't do it at Foxhall although I do feel Danny Ayres enthusiasm could be quite infectious in the stands.

Let's take a look

King, may not even be allowed PL next year under current rules.

Manzares, came 4th in USA but that's not saying much.

Nicholls, past it and can't gate for toffees.

Risager, 2nd string journeyman, never gonna get any better.

Hume, lots of potential, should be a great 3pt no7.

Ayres, hmm enthusiastic to say the least but a no6? Not sure.

Just trying to put some realism on it before people start dismissing my opinions.

Think you will be stuck with Risager again. Ayres or Hume but both is too much of a gamble but on a positive note i would put 50p on Kennett being your number 1 next season.

Think you will be stuck with Risager again. Ayres or Hume but both is too much of a gamble but on a positive note i would put 50p on Kennett being your number 1 next season.

Wouldn't Kennett fall foul of the same rule that would stop Cook and King riding in the PL next season ?

Wouldn't Kennett fall foul of the same rule that would stop Cook and King riding in the PL next season ?

I think Kennett has said he would pick PL over EL plus he has Longtrack aspirations so a move away from a Saturday night track would suit him.....

• Like 1

With all the riders available, why do people keep putting the same junk in the team line ups.

Risager just had his best season at this level, and shouldn't be anywhere near our team next season. As already said, he totally flops when the pressure is on.

Kennett would be the perfect replacement for king. Why have ayres when you could have Branford.

Edited by baldyman