British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Can't see porsing being expensive, isn,'t he based over here during the season, and if newman is going to be out long term,then even more reason to go with the best option.

Jakobsen is an option but only if Ipswich re-declare as his average is higher than Kyle's but within the points limit overall. Porsing would be ruled out though. His average of 6.99 would take them just over by 0.29.

Oh, I thought we had more spare than we actually have. Jacobson pretty good at Foxhall. Not that any of that matters. Sarjeant needs a job and is English.

It was only a matter of time before Sarjeant got a team place, unfortunate circumstances for Newman but I think he will do a decent job.

It's a hard call but busk Jacobsen has to be a better option than sarj on the track, a more established rider that could push the top 3 like we would have hoped Kyle would.

Sarj rode at 2 all last and while showed a lot of promise and improvement not on the same level currently.

Young British lad out of a job yes, but if you're looking to challenge the top end of the table busk Jacobsen the better rider.

Edited by 89buttons

Leave heeps at 4 sarj at 2??

Pretty sure that will happen. King and Sarj were a productive partnership last year.

It's a big blow let's be honest and it leaves us weaker with all due respect to Sargeant. Newman was set to be a key rider on his average.

The goal remains the same though, 4th will do and then fingers crossed Newman returns in time fit for the business end of the season.

This is the major downside to our sport. We all know how dangerous it is and injury can strike any rider at any time. Doesn't matter how good your side looks on paper before a wheel is turned, and I believe our side was the best on paper, injury can ruin things very quickly.

Not saying this has ruined our season by any means don't get me wrong, but it's a blow.

Edited by Arch Stanton

As a Coventry fan I'm really pleased for Sarjeant. Good luck to the witches 👍🏻

Really hope James can get off to a good start and find a permanent track somewhere

Really hope James can get off to a good start and find a permanent track somewhere

He may have a permanent place with us as yet until we know what's going on with Newman. If it's the worst case scenario and surgery is needed, it could be a season ender or the biggest chunk of it at least.

Just a wait and see.

He may have a permanent place with us as yet until we know what's going on with Newman. If it's the worst case scenario and surgery is needed, it could be a season ender or the biggest chunk of it at least.

Just a wait and see.

A rotator cuff injury is a good six months out of action, if not longer. I doubt Newman will ride again this year...

And if that's the case, let's hope sarj has plenty of blinders and makes himself the best option long term.

• Like 5