British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Witches Facebook page has reported that PA system problems from last sat have been fixed .

So are we back to last year's standard or will we see an improvement.

• Like 1

Can't really remember how bad it was last year to compare with!!

What's that you say ?

• Like 1

Liking the new pics on the Witches website.

Particularly drawn to the sponsor on Cams left shin..... not sure why 😉

To add a little more detail to the PA system. At last week's meeting we only had one of the three amplifiers working. So there was limited PA in some areas of the stadium which was disappointing, given the size of the opening night crowd.

I had also spent time with Richard from Sound 4 ProAudio, during the week helping to install external ariels etc for the new microphone system, which was going to offer more clarity and range. Again, owing to the system failure, the benefit of this new system was negated.

After the meeting on Saturday, Chris Louis (in conjunction with Spedeworth) arranged for Richard to conduct a site survery of the system and arrange for a repair to be conducted. The survey was conducted on Monday with Richard returning on Tuesday to undertake the work.

It was clear that the amplifiers and associated equipment had not been regularily mantained, which has been a contributory factor in the poor quality of the PA system. Along with a colleague, Richard completed the works required and lead two members of the stadium team to comment that it was the best he had heard in years, whilst another could not believe the difference in quality. All of this through the existing system.

However, Richard has reported his findings back to Spedeworth and explained the issues he found and informed them that "the car has passed teh MOT but with numerous advisories!"

So, the stadium PA is back up and running, and the longer term goal would be to get the entire system updated and replaced. But let's be grateful that this work has been undertaken, so quickly and professionally in order for our next meeting on Thursday.

In regard to the repositioning of speakers on the backstraight (in order to service the "Massif" area for example), this would require a lot more detailed planning and consultation with the SCDC (Suffolk Coastal District Council) who have for a long time had a very detailed operating formular that covers all aspects of activities within the stadium (including the PA), which satisfies all the requirements of noise abaitment etc.

So, in a nutshell, that is a summary of what has taken place this week at the stadium and let's collectively hope that the results are as impressive as being reported.

Cheers for now

• Like 6

Thanks very much for the report Kevin.

Much appreciated.

Fingers crossed that I'll need my ear protectors for the PA system rather than the damn giant cow bells!!

(Only joking!!)

• Like 3

Liking the new pics on the Witches website.

Particularly drawn to the sponsor on Cams left shin..... not sure why 😉

Who is it?? I can't see what pics are new

Kesgrave driving school?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Who is it?? I can't see what pics are new

Kesgrave driving school?

Those that scroll on the home page are new (from p&p)

You got it 👍 Probably the best instructor in Ipswich (in my albeit biased😉 opinion)

#dontforgetthespeedlimitbruv

But it's on upside down!? 😛

well Cam is an Aussie 😛

Brian Havelock? Redcar fans must be pleased He has left as doesn't know a good team when He sees one.

• Like 1

Brian Havelock? Redcar fans must be pleased He has left as doesn't know a good team when He sees one.

LMAO at his prediction 😲😂

I write to express my gratitude to Richard Garrett from Sound 4 Pro Audio and Ian King from Kingsound, who are the guys that have come in to Foxhall and sorted out the PA system. Without going into a load of detail, they found numerous faults with the system that have now been rectified and I think you will agree if you were in attendance last night (vs Berwick) that the PA is the best it has sounded in a very long time.

We spent time before the meeting going round the entire stadium, balancing the amplifiers in each area to ensure we had the optimum settings in each area. There is just one area that remains to be recified (round the 3rd/4th bends) where the actual speaker units themselves need to be replaced.

Richard has begun discussions with Deane Wood (from Spedeworth) and has put forward some initial proposals in terms of replacement of the entire system, as in Richard's words "He has got the car through the MOT, but with numerous advisories!"

The system (in its current setting) will not be effective in the stands on the backstraight (owing to the angle of the speakers etc) and as has been said before, this would require a detailed site survey and proposal agreed with Suffolk Coastal District Council, who have a very strict noise abatement policy and procedure in place for the entire stadium. But the foundation for future works has now begun and I, for one, will continue to campaign for a satisfactory, long term resolution for all concerned.

But when I visited "The Massif" last night, I noticed the difference in the audibility of the system, so I think progress has been made and we are working in the right direction.

I certainly have received numerous positive comments from many supporters following last night's meeting, who have said how much their enjoyment of the event was enhanced by being able to hear the announcements etc - along with more clarity from the system.

So thanks again to Richard and Ian for conducting the work and also to both Ipswich Speedway and Spedeworth for commissioning the improvements.

Regards

Edited by Presenter
  • Like 5

I write to express my gratitude to Richard Garrett from Sound 4 Pro Audio and Ian King from Kingsound, who are the guys that have come in to Foxhall and sorted out the PA system. Without going into a load of detail, they found numerous faults with the system that have now been rectified and I think you will agree if you were in attendance last night (vs Berwick) that the PA is the best it has sounded in a very long time.

We spent time before the meeting going round the entire stadium, balancing the amplifiers in each area to ensure we had the optimum settings in each area. There is just one area that remains to be recified (round the 3rd/4th bends) where the actual speaker units themselves need to be replaced.

Richard has begun discussions with Deane Wood (from Spedeworth) and has put forward some initial proposals in terms of replacement of the entire system, as in Richard's words "He has got the car through the MOT, but with numerous advisories!"

The system (in its current setting) will not be effective in the stands on the backstraight (owing to the angle of the speakers etc) and as has been said before, this would require a detailed site survey and proposal agreed with Suffolk Coastal District Council, who have a very strict noise abatement policy and procedure in place for the entire stadium. But the foundation for future works has now begun and I, for one, will continue to campaign for a satisfactory, long term resolution for all concerned.

But when I visited "The Massif" last night, I noticed the difference in the audibility of the system, so I think progress has been made and we are working in the right direction.

I certainly have received numerous positive comments from many supporters following last night's meeting, who have said how much their enjoyment of the event was enhanced by being able to hear the announcements etc - along with more clarity from the system.

So thanks again to Richard and Ian for conducting the work and also to both Ipswich Speedway and Spedeworth for commissioning the improvements.

Regards

Thank you Kevin and your team there was an improvement last night in what we could hear on the back straight , its not the greatest but its a start and i'm sure plenty of those who sit with and around the Massif and everyone else who chooses to watch meeting's from the back straight area in thanking you Kevin for your continued work in trying to provide a better sound quality for us to hear .

You must already be earning the brownie points for this year Massif award :wink: .

Thank you again Kevin

• Like 3