British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Jacobs? After last season..surely not

After increasing his average considerably you mean?

Or did something else happen?

After increasing his average considerably you mean?

Or did something else happen?

He started well but then tailed off and then flopped when it really mattered. I could have totally read Chris Louis' comments wrong, but I don't think he was overly pleased with him in the end.

He started well but then tailed off and then flopped when it really mattered. I could have totally read Chris Louis' comments wrong, but I don't think he was overly pleased with him in the end.

#manstrackgate
  • Like 2

What about bringing Gino back to replace Covatti.

Not sure what team average you can build up to after 4H & 4A but Scunthorpe's new average according to green sheets is 40.80 with Stefan replacing Wallner.

If we kept Sarj at he moment would only leave 4.22 for a replacement and not a lot about. Ben Morley 3.85, Danny Ayres 3.70 or two of our assets Castagna 4.00 & Stachyra 4.00. I think I would rather go like for like with Covatti and try another 2 pointer.

What about bringing Gino back to replace Covatti.

Not sure what team average you can build up to after 4H & 4A but Scunthorpe's new average according to green sheets is 40.80 with Stefan replacing Wallner.

If we kept Sarj at he moment would only leave 4.22 for a replacement and not a lot about. Ben Morley 3.85, Danny Ayres 3.70 or two of our assets Castagna 4.00 & Stachyra 4.00. I think I would rather go like for like with Covatti and try another 2 pointer.

Scunthorpe new averages (Column C) comes to 39.76.

Sarj needs some more meetings to get a new average. When that happens, he will drop to a high 3.XX average, or low 4.xx, which would enable a redeclaration to be made, if they decided to go down that route.

Can build to 42 for redclaration once new averages established.

Changes need to be like for like or where 2 made at once team has to come back under 42.

• Like 1

Leaves 5 something to replace Hume if sarj is signed to replace Covatti.

I'd personally go with what I've suggested earlier, Nielsen is only covering Wallner so if he was offered a full time place he'd jump at the chance

I'd personally go with what I've suggested earlier, Nielsen is only covering Wallner so if he was offered a full time place he'd jump at the chance

Isn't Castagna now a 5.00? And would have been a shade over 3 if he'd kept his previous average?

Any scenario we now have to accept we've been dealt a poor hand and will ultimately end up with a team weaker than it should have been.

That's why it's pointless with all the pre-season predictions in this sport. A team looking like one of the favourites on paper at the start can get ripped apart in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Stefan has been signed by Scunny as a full time replacement for Wallner so is with Scunny for the rest of the season.

Isn't Castagna now a 5.00? And would have been a shade over 3 if he'd kept his previous average?

His team building average is 4.00 like Fritz Wallner. Jye Etheridge is down as a 4.00 in Berwick's new line up aswell so Paco would come in as a 4.00.

His team building average is 4.00 like Fritz Wallner. Jye Etheridge is down as a 4.00 in Berwick's new line up aswell so Paco would come in as a 4.00.

which is about double what he actually acheived

which is about double what he actually acheived

Paco was on the verge of a big break through!!

• Like 1

Who'd be a promoter eh? There is always plenty of speculation when any team makes changes (whether that's through poor form or bad luck)

You can be sure of one thing; whatever Chris Louis decides to do, there will be still be a lot of the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" crowd quick to have their say. Of which, naturally, they are entitled to do.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to both Danyon and Nico and hope that they are both personally back to full fitness soon, so that we may enjoy watching them in action again in the near future.

• Like 5