British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Not a big loss for me, too arrogant and inter personal skills are rather lacking.

Think your personal differences are clouding your judgement of Kevins abilities and contribution.
  • Like 1

Think your personal differences are clouding your judgement of Kevins abilities and contribution.

I'm not saying he doesn't do a good job and I can see why people like him but not for me and that's taking away any personal differences, not too keen on the other guy either but its one of those jobs where you can't please everyone.

I had a darts MC a very good one as well present MMA and I thought he was good, however most spectators didn't like him, so he had to go.

Pretty sure I'm in the minority re kevin tho but each to their own

Kevin is just what more tracks need, so much time hanging around at speedway you need someone to amuse the crowd though the "nothing" minutes. Sorry Cookie, you're in a very small minority if you don't appreciate the good work that Kevin does.

It may be a good time to find someone young and full of life for the job.

Think you are right on this one Baldy, it needs some new young blood, someone to make it feel like our home stadium and not so kind to the opposition all the time

Lets get the presentation a bit more orientated to the younger generation rather than the Radio Suffolk listener's, that goes for the music too...lets be honest its hardly exciting, we had the muppets the other week..what about some upbeat tunes pumping out. I don't mind the old ones if they are classics but some of the stuff wasn't even any good when it was first made !

• Like 1

what about some upbeat tunes pumping out.

No good if half the stadium can't hear them.. ..

Which now has a benefit since Kevin has left .... already know of a few that may relocate as to not hear from now on

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

I appreciate I'm in the minority, I understand and appreciate he works hard and amuses some but on one side some of his jokes are a bit borderline and in such a position you need to understand that some jokes might be a bit personal to people. In his own defence he obviously would never know the life story of every supporter in the stadium but again in such a position you don't go there to begin with.

But being honest wherever I go I don't pay all too much attention to the announcer I block the majority out, been Peterborough twice and couldn't tell you anything about the presenter, I'm off to watch MMA this weekend and I probably won't take any notice there 😂

If kevin has moved on then wish him all the best and most importantly good health, let's wait and see who gets the gig, all I know is I would be absolutely shocking at it

I suppose if he gets stuck for things to say he could always talk about football.

He must know a fair bit about Norwich city if he worked in Norfolk.

Edited by baldyman

Rob is an ex Ipswich Witches presenter, so I'm sure he'll do an excellent job, it's another great tie in with #ITFC, and anyone who goes to Portman Road will know how good he is!!

Radio Norfolk bloke this week, or ex radio Norfolk.

radio Norwich I think