British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

May I just put more info out there to go against saying more should be done on twitter and facebook, as yes there seems to be twitter posts however if its people connected to the club its most likely that their followers are the same even if crazeehorse is sharing etc its the same connection for most of the season, its still good its flooded on twitter but again as I've pointed out it's unlikely reaching new people

Agree with what baldy has said

With twitter and facebook you can use analytics to promote posts so it will appear on the timeline or newsfeed of the friends of people who follow the club on twitter or facebook, you can target age, sex, location and much more

For example I think maybe 3 people out of my 1000 on facebook follow the witches but because I follow them if they used analytics and done sponsored posts they'd reach a high % of my friends who don't follow them but are local

I done this a couple of years ago where I held a show in Colchester and had Luke Barnatt ex UFC but from Basildon fighting on the event (tho he lived in Spain)

I promoted a post that would not only appear on the newsfeeds of the friends of people who liked my page but assigned it to people age 18-35 male from basildon and the local areas vwho were into combat sports and clubbing

Mainly because its his old hunting ground and also he was an ex doorman so people would recognise the name, it was his first fight since being dropped by the ufc and his first fight in the uk in several years

The post had over 100+ shares and reached nearly 500,000 people and ultimately I sold over 40% over capacity

The tools that are available to promoters are there if they understand them and take the risk, it cost me £300 which was the cost of 10 tickets

• Like 1

Thing is cookie, most people involved in or around or watch speedway are getting on a bit and don't understand what can be done, and that probably includes the people that are responsible for doing it.

Very rarely does anyone in speedway speculate to accumulate

Edited by baldyman

True that and its a £300+ risk but I set aside a budget for marketing/budget maybe speedway will grasp it at some stage, hope they still get a good turnout

£10 enter will speed up the turnstiles tho as no need to dither with change

The only queue at Foxhall is for the concessions turnstile, certainly an old peoples sport these days.

And that shorter by the week....