British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Practice day 1 complete, a good few laps completed by the team.

They all seemed to be using the old lines though, very little of the new inner kerb being utilised apart from when they were doing starting practice with the tapes.

Newman guilty of breaking the tapes twice, getting it out of the way before Saturday hopefully!

Outside line not used at all by anyone, I imagine that there's still no grip out there for overtaking.

A pleasant afternoon out with a nice breakfast in the Diner, beats the hell out of working.

So fans can gain access for the practice this year??? Didn't know this! Does it apply for tomorrow afternoon too??

So fans can gain access for the practice this year??? Didn't know this! Does it apply for tomorrow afternoon too??

Dont think that practice is officially open to the public but Di's Diner is open serving refreshments - if you just happen to glance over and see some practice thats a bonus for you....😉
  • Like 2

Diner is definitely open, I was there for the whole of practice, personally I had a couple of cuppa's and a breakfast which cost a fiver and was rather nice. I also went walkabout around the stadium with no problems at all.

Of course you don't have to eat but as its the only reason you can officially go in it would be prudent to use the facilities.

Think I might have another look tomorrow weather permitting.

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Diner is definitely open, I was there for the whole of practice, personally I had a couple of cuppa's and a breakfast which cost a fiver and was rather nice. I also went walkabout around the stadium with no problems at all.

Of course you don't have to eat but as its the only reason you can officially go in it would be prudent to use the facilities.

Think I might have another look tomorrow weather permitting.

Ah I see! May have to make a little trip out after work this afternoon then! Hopefully the diner will still be open around 3pm 😬 Cheers for the info

When I called in last week the lady in the Diner said she was open 10am till 3pm but on Tuesday she said she was there till 5pm so not sure of exact hours.

If you do go make yourself known, always good to meet other forum members. I'll probably be there weather permitting of course.

Edited by Super Blue

I'm defo going for a coffee next season

Im almost sure but i reckon the coffee will be cold by then.

When I called in last week the lady in the Diner said she was open 10am till 3pm but on Tuesday she said she was there till 5pm so not sure of exact hours.

If you do go make yourself known, always good to meet other forum members. I'll probably be there weather permitting of course.

Sadly I'm not going to make it down today! Will have to wait until Saturday for my speedway fix!!

2nd practice day, may as well not have bothered coming, only Heeps Mountain and Hume were there from the team and a couple of juniors/NL riders.

Anybody seen Gavan, i thought he was the clubs biggest fan.. Eh or maybe not :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

2nd practice day, may as well not have bothered coming, only Heeps Mountain and Hume were there from the team and a couple of juniors/NL riders.

Wow, let's hope it's a good performance on Saturday then, no excuses