British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

It's seriously not Skornicki is it??

and exactly what is the problem if it were skornicki ??

No way would it be Skornicki

and why not , genuine question??

and why not , genuine question??

In my opinion a massive downgrade on Covatti and a lot better available, I've nothing against the guy and I know you are his mechanic but I just think they could get better, Adam's slightly passed it now I think and despite being a good speedway rider over a long period of time is on his way down now, which is no suprise when you look at his age. Like I say nothing against him and if it is him then I wish him well.

Must admit I would be a bit concerned if it is Skornicki going on his start to this year.

However just how much was down to equipment and how much was down to him is hard to judge from outside.

No doubting his quality previously but is that still in him?

In my opinion a massive downgrade on Covatti and a lot better available, I've nothing against the guy and I know you are his mechanic but I just think they could get better, Adam's slightly passed it now I think and despite being a good speedway rider over a long period of time is on his way down now, which is no suprise when you look at his age. Like I say nothing against him and if it is him then I wish him well.

fair enough

Must admit I would be a bit concerned if it is Skornicki going on his start to this year.

However just how much was down to equipment and how much was down to him is hard to judge from outside.

No doubting his quality previously but is that still in him?

it was equipment which has now been replaced with GMs and obviously people didn't take notice of his performances when the engines did work , but hey ho , hope you get someone who makes you happy 😀
  • Like 1

fair enough it was equipment which has now been replaced with GMs and obviously people didn't take notice of his performances when the engines did work , but hey ho , hope you get someone who makes you happy

Ah the old "it wasn't him it was his equipment" excuse that's so often trotted out. Skornicki always looked a strange choice for Wolves and surprise surprise he was crap.

A half decent rider in his day and would have been a good signing a few years ago, not now.

Edited by Steve Irving

Ah the old "it wasn't him it was his equipment" excuse that's so often trotted out. Skornicki always looked a strange choice for Wolves and surprise surprise he was crap.

A half decent rider in his day and would have been a good signing a few years ago, not now.

ah the old not seeing the bigger picture of what's gone on , on his first away league match at rye house when the engine worked ok even though we still had problems before the meeting was he crap ?? , just incase you were asleep Adam was trailing a different engine to everyone else in world speedway , there are only 6 of these engines made , Adam had 3 , unfortunately for Adam the engines proved to problematic and in hindsight he shouldn't of tried them ,but I will make this statement about the engine , had it worked 100% other riders would of been soon complaining that it was an unfair advantage , so in this instance it was clearly the engine , not the set up , not the engine didn't suit him or any other excuse , the engines have a fault and it happens at every meeting but I bow to your supierior knowledge on all matters speedway related

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. No doubt Adam regrets trying those now.

I will be the first to admit I have zero mechanical knowledge (I leave that to bruv)

It never ceases to amaze me the frustrations that can be caused by what seems to be the simplest of problems so to have a completely new design playing up must be a nightmare.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. No doubt Adam regrets trying those now.

I will be the first to admit I have zero mechanical knowledge (I leave that to bruv)

It never ceases to amaze me the frustrations that can be caused by what seems to be the simplest of problems so to have a completely new design playing up must be a nightmare.

he does regret it now , I won't go into the money it's not my place to say but Adam was renting the engines per race , so he didn't have to buy them or service them so if they had worked it would of been a great deal that maybe would if caught on in speedway but as we know now it turned out to be a bad idea Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Regarding Danyon and his average. I wonder if Ipswich could declare him as riding in a meeting, he misses the 2 minutes in 3 rides. I'd say it technically counts as three rides, 0 points and 1 meeting. So if he's a meeting short of getting an average it could be a backdoor way of getting him a 4+ average. The issue is finding a 4 pointer to replace him. Nobody stands out so it might not be worth getting him a higher average yet.

Regarding Danyon and his average. I wonder if Ipswich could declare him as riding in a meeting, he misses the 2 minutes in 3 rides. I'd say it technically counts as three rides, 0 points and 1 meeting. So if he's a meeting short of getting an average it could be a backdoor way of getting him a 4+ average. The issue is finding a 4 pointer to replace him. Nobody stands out so it might not be worth getting him a higher average yet.

What is his average now 4.57 or 5.03 ? Edited by Sidney the robin

What is his average now 4.56 or 5.03 ?

My figures are a few weeks out of date but he's nearer 4.5 than 5 adding on the extra meetings in my head.

From a selfish team perspective it would make the idea of getting him the revised average from his 7 meetings desirable (currently 4.57) if we have to redeclare.

Particularly as he has had the 4 away and is averaging over 7 at home it is hardly over egging the figure.

Looking at it from his point of view especially if it turns out he misses the season that would mean him being a less attractive prospect than his current 2. A classic problem for many 2nd season British youngsters. (First on my team sheet even on that higher figure btw)