British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LifeIsSpeedway

Your Team For 2017

If you could build your own team for your club from 1-7 who would you like to see at your club... using the most recent average release and going by this years rules leave it below along with your clubs name, i.e Edinburgh Monarchs, Redcar Bears, Somerset Rebels etc..

More than likely, but it's just a bit of fun! Also saves me trekking through them all, you don't need to post one if you don't wish to but feel free to leave yours here too!

• Like 1

Im now classing Newcastle as my team as just moved from 2miles away from Rye House so im going to do a team for both :-)

Newcastle

1. Steve Worrall 8.51

2. Adam Roynon 5.05

3. Jack Holder 7.16

4. Lewis Rose 5.86

5. Kenneth Bjerre 8.22

6. Rob Branford 4.60

7. Jack Smith 3.00

= 42.4

Rye House

1 Eddie Kennet 9.27

2. Adam Roynon 5.05

3. Kenneth Hansen 6.14

​4. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.98

5. Jack Holder 7.16

6. Rob Branford 4.60

7. Jack Smith 3.00

=42.2

Im now classing Newcastle as my team as just moved from 2miles away from Rye House so im going to do a team for both :-)

Newcastle

1. Steve Worrall 8.51

2. Adam Roynon 5.05

3. Jack Holder 7.16

4. Lewis Rose 5.86

5. Kenneth Bjerre 8.22

6. Rob Branford 4.60

7. Jack Smith 3.00

= 42.4

Rye House

1 Eddie Kennet 9.27

2. Adam Roynon 5.05

3. Kenneth Hansen 6.14

​4. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.98

5. Jack Holder 7.16

6. Rob Branford 4.60

7. Jack Smith 3.00

=42.2

To be fair I think you'd be better forgetting 42.5. I just got feeling the league to save costs will water down ? Maybe 38. 39 or 40 ?

To be fair I think you'd be better forgetting 42.5. I just got feeling the league to save costs will water down ? Maybe 38. 39 or 40 ?

I heard a whisper it could go as low down as 36

probably a good starting point if you are calling for a reduction whilst others dont want them.

Meet somewhere in the middle and ends up 39/40.....

Few riders probably out of jobs next year then? It will be key to finding improvers. Wasting over 7 points on average riders isn't the way to go.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

prem league was a very good product when points limit was 45

the only difference to the cost is the fees teams agree with there riders

if the points limit is 36 good riders on 5point averages will demand more money than if the points limit was 45

riders on high averages will have to ride for less as there will be plenty wont get a team place so the higher riders will be compeating for team places

• Like 2

Making both reserves have a combined ave of 7 would easily reduce the team total. have this years no7's move upto to the no6 position and then have a new no 7. Riders like Ashley Morris, Lewis Rose, Rob Branford (under 5's ) need to step up and be as the 2nd 2nd string (eg at no 2) The next in line eg 5-6 point riders (Jacobs, Roynon, Bates) as number 4's

Will riders like Mason Campton who finished year on a 4.40 average have their 2017 starting ave increased to 5?

Using Ipswich as an example, even this team has a total of 40.74!

1. Barker 7.91

2. Heeps 5.07

3. Covatti 7.49

4. Sarjeant 5.80

5. Risager 7.13

6. Lanham 4.34

7. Hume 3.00

a limit of 38 would see:

1. Barker 7.91

2. Heeps 5.07

3. Sarjeant 5.80

4. Manzares 5.00

5. Covatti 7.49

6. Mountain 3.00

7. Hume 3.00

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

prem league was a very good product when points limit was 45

the only difference to the cost is the fees teams agree with there riders

if the points limit is 36 good riders on 5point averages will demand more money than if the points limit was 45

riders on high averages will have to ride for less as there will be plenty wont get a team place so the higher riders will be compeating for team places

45.00 was back when BPs counted towards averages. Even though 45.00 (with BPs) is higher than 40.00 (without BPs) the difference is not as vast as it sounds.

Will ruin the league if they go as low as that as others have said riders on high averages will be out a job for being good at there job.

• Like 1

Dream team:

Holder 7.16

Newman 6.31

Jonas B 6.32

Hansen 6.25

Lasse 6.75

Shanes 3.00

Morris 4.37

With British average reductions would fall under 40.00, team full of progression and be superb around the EOES

• Like 1

Will ruin the league if they go as low as that as others have said riders on high averages will be out a job for being good at there job.

How will lowering the points limit save money? If that's what's rumored to be happening.... Surely clubs should only be paying what they can afford. If the riders don't want to accept that then so be it

• Like 3