British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Play Off Final First Leg Eastie V Brum Sun 23 6-30pm

From the official Eastbourne website -

"The IT First Eagles started disastrously and conceded a 3-0 in heat win after No 1 Adam Ellis fell while leading by a country mile. His partner Charley Powell was also excluded."

I thought the outcome and decision making regarding this incident a bit odd.

We were watching the tussle between Jack Smith and Charlie Powell and were oblivious to Adam Ellis as he was so far in front.

Coming out of bend 1, Powell ran into the side of Smith, but then we noticed Ellis on the ground by the air fence on bend 2 - only some 40 yards away.

Perhaps the referee and anyone else assisting him were doing the same as us, because:

Why was the race not stopped prior to the Powell / Smith incident? Ellis was disqualified for not being under power at the time of the official stoppage (caused by Powell), but surely he went down first (he was so far in front) and couldn't clear the track, otherwise he wouldn't have been only yards away from the incident.

The red lights should have been on when it was obvious Ellis couldn't get clear from the track, whether that would have prevented the coming together of Powell and Smith is uncertain, however either way, Smith was rightly given 3 points but Powell should have been awarded 2 points. The referee allowed a dangerous situation to develop in my opinion.

Any other views ?

We were doing the same but it did appear that Powell went into Smith because Smith slowed having seen Adam Ellis whilst Powell hadn't. As you say it looked bad and dangerous refereeing, surely Ellis was the cause of the stoppage and should have been a 2/3 heat result given?

A last heat decider could perhaps make a draw but Brummies by 4 or 6 looks odds on.

Do all Brummie supporters have such little faith in their fabulous only once beaten team.

Oh dear.....

• Like 1

Oh dear.....

Sometimes I am really happy to be wrong.

Young Tom Brennan's 7 points made all the difference. I have said that if he gets out he can be difficult to catch and he took points of off Perry,JPB(2) and Smith(2).

Tom beating Tom Perry proves just how good he can be (if he makes the start) I have found and don't know if anyone else has that Tom makes better starts off gate 1 or 4 although he proved yesterday he can do it wherever he starts. Great prospect for next season

Superb result for the Eagles especially after such a bad start. Points were thrown away by both sides but a great meeting for the NL Final. It is the Eagles to lose but need another strong performance from Adam Ellis, Ellis Perks, Jake Knight + guest to keep it close and an improved performance down at reserve as the Eagles cant afford a 27-2 return at 6+7 as the pressure on the Top 4 will be huge. For those at Perry Barr it should be an absolute cracker !!

I really would not want to guess how this will go. I am sure many Eastie and Brummie fans think this is Eastbourne to win now but with a good performance from Danny Ayres to match the scoring by the rest of the team, I reckon this can go all the way to heat 15. If we had Georgie I would feel confident of an Eagles win but not so sure without him.

I really would not want to guess how this will go. I am sure many Eastie and Brummie fans think this is Eastbourne to win now but with a good performance from Danny Ayres to match the scoring by the rest of the team, I reckon this can go all the way to heat 15. If we had Georgie I would feel confident of an Eagles win but not so sure without him.

It grieves me but I can't see Brummies turning round the 13 point deficit - to say our guests have been patchy at best is an understatement.

It grieves me but I can't see Brummies turning round the 13 point deficit - to say our guests have been patchy at best is an understatement.

But looking at some of the scores Danny Aryes has put in up there this year, this one could be different

Definitely no Georgie for Wednesday. Only the most miserable Brummie would discount their chances now.

But looking at some of the scores Danny Aryes has put in up there this year, this one could be different

It just gets better - Danny Ayres withdrawn from Glasgow/Newcastle play off - off to hospital with suspected shoulder injury...........

Danny Ayres take to hospital after a crash at Glasgow tonight

Definitely no Georgie for Wednesday. Only the most miserable Brummie would discount their chances now.

don't be so pessimistic! Ellis and perks go well around Brum, just needs knight to score a few and we can do it

Doesn't Adam still hold the NL track record from last year ?

Doesn't Adam still hold the NL track record from last year ?

Indeed he does ............ can you ask him to slow down bit this week please? ;)

• Like 1

Indeed he does ............ can you ask him to slow down bit this week please? ;)

Since when have children ever listened to what their parents say ?

• Like 3