British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Berlin Ice Speedway 2017

Does anyone know if the German championship is being held on the Thursday before the world championship round on the Sat/Sun at the beginning of March? Just looking at flights and hotels which seem cheap at the moment for this weekend.

As far as I'm aware it probably will be the Thursday before. But as their website is being reconstructed, there is no information.

However, there is a countdown clock which works out to end at 5pm on 2nd March, which is usually the start time for the German Championship.

Hope this helps.

And as we speak I have received this from the Berlin Organisers:

Thursday, March 2, 2017, Training & Race Eisspeedway-DM
Admission: 10:00 am 12,00 €
Start training: 10:00 am
Start of race: 5 pm
End: approx. 20:00 hours
Friday, March 3, 2017, Training Ice World Championships
Admission: 12:00 pm 10.00 €
Beginning Training: 1:00 pm
End: approx. 15:00 hours
Saturday, March 4, 2017, Race Ice World Championships (GP7 2017)
Admission: 14:00 hours 19,00 € - 38,00 €
Opening: 16:40 hrs
Start: 5 pm
End: approx. 20:00 hours
Sunday, March 5, 2017, Race Ice World Championships (GP8 2017)
Admission: 11:00 am 19,00 € - 38,00 €
Opening hours: 1: 40h
Start: 2 pm
End: approx. 17:00 hours
"Berlin-Ticket", Thursday to Sunday, 2 - 5 March 2017

DM, World Cup Training, GP7 2017, GP8 2017 € 79.00 - € 89.00
Bit of a cheek to charge for Practice IMHO but there you go.

Bit of a cheek to charge for Practice IMHO but there you go.

Understatement of the year,mate.....even more of a cheek that it is only 2 euros cheaper than the German Championship.I could use a few swear words here,but i will restrain myself,just this once :P

Understatement of the year,mate.....even more of a cheek that it is only 2 euros cheaper than the German Championship.I could use a few swear words here,but i will restrain myself,just this once :P

I admire your restraint! :rofl:

Any travel plans for 2017? I'm at Berlin, Inzell and Heerenveen myself.

Hope to get to either Berlin or Heerenveen

Berlin and Heerenveen for me. Inzell when the Dutch are riding. Togliatti or Almaty in consideration :)

Booked my flights this evening. Not visited Berlin for 15 years, since that infamous night at the Friedrich Ludvig Jahn in the rain. It'll be my first visit to Wilmersdorf, long overdue.

See Tobi Busch has just completed his first Ice Speedway meeting,getting i guess 3 2rd places and a last(3 man heats) in Russia.He has just done a weeks training with Max Niedermaier,who incidentally won the meeting with a max :rofl:

Edited by iris123

See Tobi Busch has just completed his first Ice Speedway meeting,getting i guess 3 2rd places and a last(3 man heats) in Russia.He has just done a weeks training with Max Niedermaier,who incidentally won the meeting with a max :rofl:

After the successful debut,it seems Tobi will do more Ice Speedway as both Tobi and Max will be members of the new "Team Eisspeedwayunion Berlin".The hope is in the future to add another rider to the team

http://www.berliner-woche.de/charlottenburg/sport/neuer-rennstall-mehr-nervenkitzel-berliner-team-im-eisspeedway-d114496.html