British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BWitcher

Congratulations Tai Woffinden, 2016 World Speedway Champion

The Shawn Moran issue is to demonstrate that 'points' accrued are irrelevant if you are deemed ineligible, void, disqualified etc.

Your second point is a good one and there could well be grounds to argue the case there. You've not invented something that isn't there.

We could argue the toss on this for hours on end but as we know, the FIM won't be doing anything.

My biggest concern over this is, what would have happened if let's say the rider leading the Championship was Nicki Pedersen... and the rider in 2nd was a Monster rider.. and Nicki walked out in protest... would the same decision have been reached? Hypothetical I know, but I suspect it would have had a different conclusion!

And Speedway loses yet more credibility - not that there's much left to lose anyway.

No wonder Hancock does what he wants if he gets away with assaulting another competitor during a meeting (any other sport, this would land you with a very lengthy ban at least). Now blatantly throwing races and then issuing statements to try and talk his way out of it. The amount of power and influence he has over the other top riders is extremely unhealthy for Speedway.

If you need to get out of a difficult situation, give Teflon Greg a call......

• Like 1