British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

If it was to become more widely used would there be a chance to make them more affordable plus with the inferred maintenance saving this must compensate for the greater initial outlay but this is s/way of course so common sense is often thin on the ground !

I don't know if they would cheaper you would have to ask gerhard about that , there is part of me that wants to make a comeback at NL level on a weslake to see if it's possible to be competitive on a 30 year old bike , just to show that costs are over hyped at that level but then my brain kicks in and I go back to my pipe and slippers Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 9

I don't know if they would cheaper you would have to ask gerhard about that , there is part of me that wants to make a comeback at NL level on a weslake to see if it's possible to be competitive on a 30 year old bike , just to show that costs are over hyped at that level but then my brain kicks in and I go back to my pipe and slippers

If not you it would be great to see a rider try a few meeting on an old bike. I know Lewis Bridger tried it at a NYC at Newport one season and was completely off the pace but that was probably now do to the fact it was a bike he found in the back of a shed and was totally unprepared.

I do a good line in Lawnmower engines. Would they help ?

If you left some live wires exposed and went out to mow your lawn in a thunderstorm, it probably would help British speedway, yes.

• Like 2

If not you it would be great to see a rider try a few meeting on an old bike. I know Lewis Bridger tried it at a NYC at Newport one season and was completely off the pace but that was probably now do to the fact it was a bike he found in the back of a shed and was totally unprepared.

Or maybe borrowed it off Justin Elkins ef.

Gary O'Hare uses a Weslake at Scunthorpe amateur , he's as fast as most NL riders .and wins the meetings regularly
  • Like 4

HUGE LATEST NEWS:

Lakeside WILL NOT compete in the 2017 Elite League

Thats surely the final nail in the Elite Coffin... One big British league with the NL running slightly larger with Plymouth and maybe a few others

Thats surely the final nail in the Elite Coffin... One big British league with the NL running slightly larger with Plymouth and maybe a few others

There are three clubs considering joining the EL, so it might well be a bigger league than last year.

There are three clubs considering joining the EL, so it might well be a bigger league than last year.

Seems to be the rumour going round

Bit of a shock start to the AGM; do wonder whether any attempts to have fixed race night(s) in the EL have led Lakeside to making that decision.

• Like 1

Bit of a shock start to the AGM; do wonder whether any attempts to have fixed race night(s) in the EL have led Lakeside to making that decision.

Friday night traffic seems to be the main issue. They want to run weekends and can't really do that at EL level

Seems to be the rumour going round

Somerset have declared themselves to be one of the interested parties, so it's a bit more than a rumour, not to say it might all fall through though.

Somerset have declared themselves to be one of the interested parties, so it's a bit more than a rumour, not to say it might all fall through though.

The rumour is that it could be more than just one, which would be good, the more the better.

Edited by A ORLOV

Why any PL club would want to go EL is beyond me.

Be genuinely disappointed if Somerset step up as a regular at the OTA.

Edited by Always a RACER
  • Like 3