British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Once a fortnight guess we will have to run all year round we can't get all the matches in when we ride every week one rain off could mean no meetings for a month

We had fortnightly speedway at Wolves this year due to the cradley cuckoos. I did not like it. And we did have the rain-off situation.

• Like 1

We had fortnightly speedway at Wolves this year due to the cradley cuckoos. I did not like it. And we did have the rain-off situation.

About the only thing for which you cannot blame the Promoters.

Don't think Rick Parfitt is going back on tour, doesn't like the accoustic sound. ;):cheers:

Ha ha yeh, unfortunately Rick will never get on stage again, sadly. But i say dont change the Quo. But having been a Quo fan sinse 79 i think after this last winter tour that will be it. Unless francis goes out and does a mini St Lukes type tour. Which i would't mind.

Back to Speedway.

Six riders over 13 heats is cheaper than seven riders over 15 heats. (Some have been mentioning a possible change of format).

But they will stil want signing on fee's and other incidentals...

• Like 1

Once a fortnight guess we will have to run all year round we can't get all the matches in when we ride every week one rain off could mean no meetings for a month

If Poland do insist on introducing the 2 club limit on riders who compete over there you would think any riders that do ride in Poland and want to ride here as their second team would want more meetings rather than less to make up for having to miss out on Sweden and/or Denmark. Therefore I can't see them signing if it was fortnightly speedway.

If Poland do insist on introducing the 2 club limit on riders who compete over there you would think any riders that do ride in Poland and want to ride here as their second team would want more meetings rather than less to make up for having to miss out on Sweden and/or Denmark. Therefore I can't see them signing if it was fortnightly speedway.

I think it's a 3 league limit. The Danes will have the biggest problem. Polish, Danish and then a choice of Sweden or England. Not many non Danes ride in Denmark.

Ha ha yeh, unfortunately Rick will never get on stage again, sadly. But i say dont change the Quo. But having been a Quo fan sinse 79 i think after this last winter tour that will be it. Unless francis goes out and does a mini St Lukes type tour. Which i would't mind.

Back to Speedway.

But they will stil want signing on fee's and other incidentals...

I know (I already pointed that out) but less riders in less races costs less.

Once saw a meeting at Edinburgh when both Scott Lamb and Jesper Olsen were excluded for being joint cause of a crash.(Late 90's)

It happened this year as well, at Edinburgh I think. The rule book doesn't say someone 'has' to be excluded although I don't think any ref would rerun it from bend 2 onwards without excluding someone. I agree though, there are situations that merit it!

the change needed is radical but there are too many people involved in the decision process and i can imagine people pulling in all directions. The old gag about a camel being a horse designed by committee comes to mind. The sport needs downsizing in terms of expense but can you imagine how that will go down with some.

I fear more fudging, more band aid solutions and another year of decline. Really really love to be wrong

This is not good news about BV

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31551

Oh dear. In the meantime we have nothing conclusive coming out of the AGM.

Keith Chapman, BSPA Chairman: "We will work closely with Manchester City Council and WE CONFIRM @TheAces will be in the 2017 top league."

Interesting wording..... 2017 top league not Elite league

Interesting words, but the outstanding monies still have to be found.

Edited by Starman2006