British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Will they still have doubling up, if so, what happens if both your clubs are in the end of season promotion/relegation play-offs?

Judging by his tweet, Bomber thinks there will be doubling up and he can do it

AGM announcements looking good & I am happy that I am able to double up for 2017. Hoping the promoters start getting in touch 1f64f.png#Harris #37

• Like 2

Well, I applaud the BSPA for looking to make radicle changes.

I'm not going to complain as it looks like they've really had a go but a couple of questions for me

Is doubling up still allowed

If so, what happens if a rider/riders ride for the same teams in the promotion - relegation battle???

Judging by his tweet, Bomber thinks there will be doubling up and he can do it

AGM announcements looking good & I am happy that I am able to double up for 2017. Hoping the promoters start getting in touch 1f64f.png#Harris #37

Think he's assuming.

• Like 1

Sounds like none of the big issues have been addressed once again....

• Like 2

Another question, with the ban on changing teams after July 31st what happens if an existing rider is injured. And if said rider is replaced and then becomes fit again does he forfeit his right to ride in the opposite league. i.e. if replaced in the Premiership is he banned from the Championship too. If not I spy lots of "injuries" in August

Just read the statement. Only 19 teams left standing now then. And there are doubts about 3 of those.

So we're now down to 10 clubs in the Premier League (sorry, Championship) but up to 9 in Elite League (sorry, Premiership). That number of 9 is presumably to protect the Sky contract should either Leicester or Belle Vue not make it to tapes - a real possibility in both cases. And in the Championship Workington appear to be teetering too.

Hardly a total revamp is it? More a case of desperately trying to hang on to what they have left.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 2

Well, I applaud the BSPA for looking to make radicle changes.

I'm not going to complain as it looks like they've really had a go but a couple of questions for me

Just which changes are actually radical here?

Sounds like none of the big issues have been addressed once again....

Guest riders

Doubling-up

for starters...

Edited by frigbo

'No team changes will be permitted in either league after July 31.'

Well thats us (Peterborough) and Rathbone screwed ;)

Edited by Panther1997
  • Like 2

Id say Promotion and relegation is quite radical?

• Like 1

Quite...

All bluster on the face of it

New average setup, including 2 points at the bottom end. Universal format across both leagues etc.

Id say Promotion and relegation is quite radical?

Are you really being serious?

This has been tried in this form before and been utterly pointless.

For gods sake Rye House and Somerset have just been promoted without a race bring run.

What's the big deal?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

Interesting is the part on the Gerhard engines ie running cost,i think that is a massive step towards speedway being sustainable,if the running costs are to be believed

To reduce cost burden on riders,especially in the lower leagues could be a huge boost to the sport,lets hope it works

• Like 8

If a rider is doubling up. His team finishes bottom of the Prem but the other team is top of the Champ then who does he ride for in the promotion play off ?

If riders have one average that applies to both leagues I'm assuming they can all double up with no nationality bias ??

If a rider does double up how is their on-going average adjusted throughout the year. I guess his Prem points are multiplied by 1.4 but Champ points are taken as scored.

Good to see the PLRC (now CLRC, that has to change) moved to another track. Hope the British Final gets moved from Wolves too. A good track but too many first bend bunching problems.