Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

it is a big drop on quality for the top league. Coventry's terrible 1-7 from last year would now be 57 points!

replacing kasprazak with a 3 point rider would just about do it

• Like 1

What this AGM has demonstrated to me is how regionalised the leagues have become.

In fact, if in 2018, Ipswich and P'boro both move up, and for whatever reason Belle Vue drop down, we will literally have a Northern and Southern League, despite being named something else.

I'm not sure if this is unfortunate, intentional, or merely coincidental....

I've always thought there should be promotion and relegation..as long as there is an incentive and it's viable..it's a bit weird though that Rye House got a bye when they were one of the worst teams in the league...

I may be in a minority but I like it. Forcing out the top guys by making them harder to fit in and giving them more meeting.

Next year limit doubling up too avoid clashes too and we could slowly be getting there.

Edited by SCB

We tried promotion and relegation before and the only teams that move up and those that want to or can see a financial argument to do so. Those that cannot see a bright future in moving up have opted to stay down.

i' just afreaid there are too may things not fully thought through.

1.4 seems much too high a multiplier for EL ELs, when you look at the likes of Cook, Lambert, King.

How is team building going to work once the new set of averages are released? Surely they can't kepp the 1.4 multiplier. Logically the rule would be that the team building limit drops to 43 once the new averages are released, and re-declarations ust be to that, but I'm not convinced that will have been planned.The relegation play off is surely going to be utterly one sided again though, given the top tier team essentially had an extra 10 for team building

What they really need to address is fixture planning, avoid big gaps and clashes.

Looking at bele vue they could build a team something like:

Zagar, Jacobs, Fricke, S Worral, Cook, Bewley, 2pointer.

Kyle Newman looks like a bargain, now there's a surprise! Where's Gavan, I'm sure he told us categorically that PL average would not be used...

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

If each club had been given £1m sponsorship and admission was reduced to a quid, there'd still be moaners on here.

i wouldn't moan, I promise!
  • Like 1

If each club had been given £1m sponsorship and admission was reduced to a quid, there'd still be moaners on here.

You'l find 4 of them on our forum..

• Like 2

Doubling up will be the big issue. With 36 league fixtures in both leagues, using a doubling up rider will be a big risk. Bigger than last season when there were lots of problems with absent riders. I also wouldn't get overly excited if I was a Chris Harris or a Scott Nicholls thinking they'll be guaranteed CL spots. With a 40 point limit there won't be many teams using 9.5 point men. Still everybody knows the rules so there's no use complaining when double up riders are unavailable.

Promotion and relegation remains a gimick for me. I don't think there is any real belief that anyone will get relegated or a CL team would accept a move up.

And with the 50 point limit - what happens when the real averages kick in after the first set of averages are released? Does the 50 point limit still apply? Are we going to see teams making lots of team changes as soon as the real averages apply?

Lots of good things announced but still some grey areas.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 1

@SpeedwayGB what happens to riders who will have converted avg over 12 eg Doyle? Will it be capped? Certain to fall once they get proper avg

EL average to be multiplied by 1.4 and after first set of averages new figure applies.

@SpeedwayGB e.g a rider has Champ average of 9 but is averaging 6.5 in Prem, what average is used for team changes?

SpeedwayGB@SpeedwayGB 3h

SpeedwayGB Retweeted Josh Gudgeon

The average of the relevant league for a rider with two averages.

tbh, most riders in the top tier will have their averages fall. Given team's can build to 50, but once new averages come out then the average per team will be aorund 42. the likes of the worralls for example wont maintain 8.5 averages in the top flight. Even on a 14, which will likely drop to an 11 say, i still see value in Doyle, given he can take 5 rides per meeting, and the ability to use him for TR. bur vertainly there will be some bargains, and riders with overinflated averages.

Adam Ellis i think swill still be ok on his average, it is lower than say Richie Worrall, and I'd definitely take Ellis of those two.

• Like 1

As with most immediate post-AGM statements, the 'devil is in the detail' of what is NOT mentioned!!

Any changes to assessed foreign riders?

Will the 'team-building' points limits change after the first set of averages? and if so to what?

Is there any change to the doubling-up rule and criteria?

• Like 1

Have they kept the same helmet colours?!

No there using pink when they go off 15 mtrs.. :rofl:

• Like 1

one aspect which I do think should be addressed is the extra's that riders get from clubs , firstly I would just like to say riders deserve millions however the millions are not there so something has to change ,I recently saw the demands of a premier league rider and points money aside he was asking for the equivalent of £10000 in add on's up front , add on's being flights,van,mechanic ,workshop,signing on fee + a few other things and this seems to be the norm these days, ive even heard of national league riders asking for some of these things , now can clubs really afford this ? if all 7 wanted this then that's £70000 even before a wheel has been turned , I heard today of one of the tracks in financial trouble hadn't paid the lease money for their reserve riders van and it was returned to the company ,why is he even getting a van ?

Because money talks and even if this practise was banned there would still be ways around it, backhanders and "incentives". If that's the amounts you've heard about I can only imagine those which you haven't.

As with most immediate post-AGM statements, the 'devil is in the detail' of what is NOT mentioned!!

Any changes to assessed foreign riders?

Will the 'team-building' points limits change after the first set of averages? and if so to what?

Is there any change to the doubling-up rule and criteria?

Logic would be that polish or swedish top flight riders without a 2016 uk average come in on a 1.4 multiplier. 1.2 for 2nd tier in those countries or Danish top flight.

And team building averages drop to 43 for re declarations.

Those are the sort of things that should have already been thought about and clarified.

My concern is it will occur to them only in june..

• Like 1