British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Makes you wonder why the 6-man-teams idea wasn't followed through.

I really disliked 6 man teams when we last had them. 6 quickly became 5 with R/R and someone in the team always has an off night or a crash and then you end up seeing only 3 or 4 riders.

• Like 2

From all the vibes that have come out from this years AGM everything sounds good - lets hope everyone will pull in the same direction and make it work.

One question though regarding promotion and relegation, what happens if the Championship side doesn't want to go up or threaten to withdraw if they are made to move up (or in that case move down) thus ruining the credibility of the sport.

The Swedish Leagues rider on different nights which makes doubling up easier. If we can't eliminate the miss-use of "guests" then we need to minimise it somehow

And that surely is the sensible way to do it.

• Like 2

From all the vibes that have come out from this years AGM everything sounds good - lets hope everyone will pull in the same direction and make it work.

One question though regarding promotion and relegation, what happens if the Championship side doesn't want to go up or threaten to withdraw if they are made to move up (or in that case move down) thus ruining the credibility of the sport.

They have all made agreement to stand by the promotion and relegation, I gather. You could always lose in the play-offs if you don't fancy it.

They have all made agreement to stand by the promotion and relegation, I gather. You could always lose in the play-offs if you don't fancy it.

And that is exactly what they will do, as I said earlier.

What about credibility then I wonder.........................

Makes a bit of a mockery of it - wouldn't you say?

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

And that is exactly what they will do, as I said earlier.

What about credibility then I wonder.........................

Makes a bit of a mockery of it - wouldn't you say?

But why would they, there isn't much difference between the Premiership and the Championship? A top team in the Championship will probably equal or better a bottom team in the Premiership, the only likely change when moving up, would be to swap your number seven for a more established rider. Having said that, you seem determined to only see the dark side these days, I like the changes and am happy to give them a chance.

• Like 2

But why would they, there isn't much difference between the Premiership and the Championship? A top team in the Championship will probably equal or better a bottom team in the Premiership, the only likely change when moving up, would be to swap your number seven for a more established rider. Having said that, you seem determined to only see the dark side these days, I like the changes and am happy to give them a chance.

We shall see.

I hope you are right and everything works well - I really do.

My problem is that Speedway has been dogged by so many Rule changes over the years I have been supporting it, for very little, if any, improvement as is evidenced by the numbers attending these days.

I know that many will disagree with me - but I think that all of those changes have just put people, including me, off.

Will be interesting if both teams try to lose in the playoffs!

• Like 1

The ref will work overtime excluding and fining riders for not racing

Have already posted what the meeting would be like, many engines packing up, riding wide on bends, going through the tapes then off 15 mtrs every other race, etc etc

The ref will work overtime excluding and fining riders for not racing

No problem they will all just pull out of the meeting

• Like 1

You could bring in Greg Hancock to help you do that

No problem they will all just pull out of the meeting

With no punishment for doing so now a precedent has been set?

Would be interesting if all four riders in one race rode across the centre green, returned to the pits after a false start or delayed the start, there is plenty they could get up to.

Would be interesting if all four riders in one race rode across the centre green, returned to the pits after a false start or delayed the start, there is plenty they could get up to.

4 riders were excluded for missing the two minutes in the Wolves vs Coventry meeting in September. Barker missed the two minutes and was put off 15 metres and was ready for the second attempt but the other 3 riders missed that two minutes. The referee allowed all 4 riders to start from the tapes in the 3rd attempt.