British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Just which changes are actually radical here?

Both leagues using the same averages is quite a big change.

The top league going back to the original 15 format is a big change.

Brining the KO Cup back into the top league is quite a big change.

The BSPA are looking at doing something with Gerhard & ruduced rider costs, quite a big change.

Seeing Rye House & Somerset in the Premiership is exciting for the division. 2 tracks I like anyway.

• Like 7

Just read the statement. Only 19 teams left standing now then. And there are doubts about 3 of those.

So we're now down to 10 clubs in the Premier League (sorry, Championship) but up to 9 in Elite League (sorry, Premiership). That number of 9 is presumably to protect the Sky contract should either Leicester or Belle Vue not make it to tapes - a real possibility in both cases. And in the Championship Workington appear to be teetering too.

Hardly a total revamp is it? More a case of desperately trying to hang on to what they have left.

Actually, the situation with the clubs is a lot more positive than I had expected, particularly given the earlier statement about Belle Vue. It says that both the Aces and Leicester will be in the top flight and I'd be surprised if they would be so bold if there was a 'real possibility' that they won't be there.

Furthermore, it says that Workington are 'expected' to take their place in the new Championship.

That's a lot better than it was a week or a month ago.

Furthermore, its likely that both Plymouth and Lakeside will be competing in the NL so we haven't lost a track.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 8

New average setup, including 2 points at the bottom end. Universal format across both leagues etc.

Isn't the universal format just the same as it was prior to the FTR introduction?

Promotion/relegation again? Hasn't really worked before.

The new averages thing means Ellis is a wee bit stuffed? Or am I reading it wrong.

New average setup, including 2 points at the bottom end. Universal format across both leagues etc.

And THAT is deemed radical?

It may be mindbogglingly fascinatingly for stattos.

But nothing to be printed on billboards.

Are you really being serious?

This has been tried in this form before and been utterly pointless.

For gods sake Rye House and Somerset have just been promoted without a race bring run.

What's the big deal?

i am being totally serious yes,it hasnt been tested since the two top leagues have become so close together

but as usual with speedway it is so easy to knock somthing before we see how/if it can work

• Like 2

Id say Promotion and relegation is quite radical?

Not really. It's been tried and failed more than once.

Love to know how this average thing is going to work...

• Like 1

Will they still have doubling up, if so, what happens if both your clubs are in the end of season promotion/relegation play-offs?

Far too early to decide on that, wait until October the day before the 1st leg :lol:

• Like 1

Well I like it! Presumably you'll be going to the local park, to watch tennis or dog rubbishting contests.

• Like 3

I don’t think the changes are “radical” but the notion “radical” changes have ever been required has always been quite farfetched IMO. Those expecting radical changes will naturally always be left disappointed irrespective of progressive announcements and IMO, for the most part this statement is.

Are you really being serious?

This has been tried in this form before and been utterly pointless.

But it should now work with riders having one average and the differential between Prem and Champ averages exactly 1.4. The teams should be equal but the Prem will maybe have some GP riders. Doubt many will ride here due to the 3 league rule placed on those who have a Polish team particularly the Danes.

bring it on cant be any worse than shambles we have just last season can it :nono:

• Like 1

Interesting is the part on the Gerhard engines ie running cost,i think that is a massive step towards speedway being sustainable,if the running costs are to be believed

To reduce cost burden on riders,especially in the lower leagues could be a huge boost to the sport,lets hope it works

Surprised the BPSA have to look at this. If I were a rider I'd be trying to use them now. Lindgren proved they work and they are a fraction of the cost.

Not really. It's been tried and failed more than once.

Love to know how this average thing is going to work...

the average thing is simple. Each rider has one average to be used in both leagues.

I think it would be hard to term the changes 'radical'.

However, I do like the 2 point average, the top flight race format being the same as the rest and the possibility of a major cut in the cost of engine maintenance.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1