Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

How can a rider have a 13.41 average when the max over 4 rides is 12........The 5th ride is never included when an average is calculated.

Edited by hyabb17

Interesting is the part on the Gerhard engines ie running cost,i think that is a massive step towards speedway being sustainable,if the running costs are to be believed

To reduce cost burden on riders,especially in the lower leagues could be a huge boost to the sport,lets hope it works

Quite agree, but there are still some on here will boringly say "it's still not radical". FFS.

• Like 2

Be fun when those riders over twelve get a real average and teams have 3 or so points to play with!!

If a rider is doubling up. His team finishes bottom of the Prem but the other team is top of the Champ then who does he ride for in the promotion play off ?

If riders have one average that applies to both leagues I'm assuming they can all double up with no nationality bias ??

If a rider does double up how is their on-going average adjusted throughout the year. I guess his Prem points are multiplied by 1.4 but Champ points are taken as scored.

Good to see the PLRC (now CLRC, that has to change) moved to another track. Hope the British Final gets moved from Wolves too. A good track but too many first bend bunching problems.

Would assume a rider doubling up will ride for the club who owns his contract which is nearly always the top league club. But agree that would be so naff in a play-off match. Promotion and relegation always feels a gimic. The top league club will win 99 times out of 100. If they are serious about promotion and relegation then don't have a play-off. Bottom team down, top team up end of. Edited by NJC71

tell me how a 3pt premier rider can afford 2 new gerhard engines at the start of seaon ??? will he actually earn 10k all season

a 3pt premier rider has a budget same as 10pt rider has a budget. Everyone has to work within their own budget or they go broke. A 3pt rider, probably a young kid, will buy cast off stuff same as they do every season. If they buy new engines its up to them how they spend there cash. As more riders enter the sport they should buy Gergart to save money.

Look for the positive not the negative.

• Like 1

How can a rider have a 13.41 average when the max over 4 rides is 12........The 5th ride is never included when an average is calculated.

This is my point earlier

No team will hold their 50 point average

That 13.41 is likely to drop to around 9 on the first greensheets

This means a team with the deepest pockets will sack a 4 pointer for an 8 pointer immediately

• Like 5

It was not my intention to be just negative.

I just cannot see anything actually radical.

Change your name to Stevie Wonder.

Would assume a rider doubling up will ride for the club who owns his contract which is nearly always the top league club. But agree that would be so naff in a play-off match. Promotion and relegation always feels a gimic. The top league club will win 99 times out of 100. If they are serious about promotion and relegation then don't have a play-off. Bottom team down, top team up end of.

you are right. it's been cleared up with a tweet from BPSA. I hope the play off is a way of filling a stadium twice if the two teams look equal. Would Somerset have beaten Leicester in 2016 ?

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

Reading between the lines, it does look like an attempt to make the top tier riders significantly less attractive.

a 3pt premier rider has a budget same as 10pt rider has a budget. Everyone has to work within their own budget or they go broke. A 3pt rider, probably a young kid, will buy cast off stuff same as they do every season. If they buy new engines its up to them how they spend there cash. As more riders enter the sport they should buy Gergart to save money.

Look for the positive not the negative.

how the hell does a 3pt rider have the same budget ??? somebody like cook would get a signing on fee have decent sponsors and earnt decent money from the year before( if he actually got paid) so how does a 17 year old kid whos never been in a professional league afford the same kit as him

• Like 1

Reading between the lines, it does look like an attempt to make the top tier riders significantly less attractive.

yes. But cost cutting is part of this agm

I have it clear in my head now, the conversion of average x 1.4 allows for team bullring, after the first set of averages a rider will then get a "true" average. This applies to both league. The new (old) race format should help

If the cost savings that are being spoken about are true,then it could be argued that a seasons savings will more than pay for the engine,

when it cost 3 x the amount to service a poxy Italian single cylinder engine as it does my car,somthings has to change

so you could say cant they afford not to use them?

if the GTR is the route we are taking then British speedway need to make sure all the parts are holomagated and only those parts can be used and no additional work can be done to the parts , in other words keep it a GTR otherwise we will be back to square one , I expect speedway star to run a full page spread from pjr about how it won't work
  • Like 4

how the hell does a 3pt rider have the same budget ??? somebody like cook would get a signing on fee have decent sponsors and earnt decent money from the year before( if he actually got paid) so how does a 17 year old kid whos never been in a professional league afford the same kit as him read what I wrote again. Each rider has his own budget and works to it.

Read it again. Every rider has his own budget and works to it. Its not hard to understand,

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don't take Speedway seriously !!

Edited by proud panther
  • Like 1

There was a point raised last year where averages used was brought up. Team building averages which included the reductions for British riders having ridden in the NL get -2.5% from their CMA.

There might be a similar situation of Team Building CMA being used but we are all putting our thoughts on this topic based on an approx. 300 word statement. The SCB have been trying to sort new rules since early June from what I have read elsewhere, so more will be forthcoming.

Concerning the GTR engine, there has also been snippets of a new GR engine being tested with better oiling/cooling required. In the SS, there is a 2 page spread on Jawa.