British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don/t take Speedway seriously !!

good to see you looking for the positives.

if the GTR is the route we are taking then British speedway need to make sure all the parts are holomagated and only those parts can be used and no additional work can be done to the parts , in other words keep it a GTR otherwise we will be back to square one , I expect speedway star to run a full page spread from pjr about how it won't work

Wherever there is a will theres a way im sure...

• Like 1

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don't take Speedway seriously !!

Not according to this tweet

User Actions
Following
n4PVUwB6_bigger.jpegSpeedwayGB@SpeedwayGB

SpeedwayGB Retweeted Darren Moody

They have all signed up to the rules!

SpeedwayGB added,

@SpeedwayGB is promotion and relegation compulsory? Clubs can't opt out etc?
8:42 AM - 3 Nov 2016
Edited by Scott0311

I have it clear in my head now, the conversion of average x 1.4 allows for team bullring, after the first set of averages a rider will then get a "true" average. This applies to both league. The new (old) race format should help

Which is why I raised the point earlier re increased by or mult by 1.4, but as one or two have said when greensheets are calc after the first month or two and proper averages have been earnt there are going to be some big gaps up to the 50 limit.

If you take the present Swindon team averages and mult by 1.4 you end up with 58.76.

If you take the present Swindon team averages and add 1.4 per rider you end up with 51.78

You could use the EL average plus 1.4 for team building but that average would not then be right as a PL average.

Is there ever a year when what the BSPA publish as the "rules for whenever" are unambiguous.

Edited by A ORLOV

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don't take Speedway seriously !!

Happened last time they tried this. It will happen again...

My first reaction is that I'm totally underwhelmed.

What did you expect, nothing would bring you back would it?

Spotted an issue already

SpeedwayGB have said averages will be real as of the 1st set of greensheets.

If the premiership team building is 50 it's almost impossible for any team to maintain that figure.

Effectively, the teams with the biggest wallets can replace reserves for heatleaders after the 1st set of averages.

The gap from top to bottom of the Premiership could be bigger than ever

They are boosting averages by 1.4 for former Elite riders, so some clubs will quite easily reach 50.

Not according to this tweet

User Actions
Following
n4PVUwB6_bigger.jpegSpeedwayGB@SpeedwayGB

SpeedwayGB Retweeted Darren Moody

They have all signed up to the rules!

SpeedwayGB added,

@SpeedwayGB is promotion and relegation compulsory? Clubs can't opt out etc?
8:42 AM - 3 Nov 2016

Its not as if U turns are unheard of in Speedway.

Are they allowing doubling/trebling up ?

yes. I think Jason Doyle is looking to treble up and has mentioned Buxton. Not sure what his average will be ?? Chris Holder just said on Twitter he could be Poole and Plymouth.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

What did you expect, nothing would bring you back would it?

Probably not on a regular basis. Change a few of the more stupid rules and I might attend occasionally ( that's if hubby and daughter can be bothered of course)

Probably not on a regular basis. Change a few of the more stupid rules and I might attend occasionally ( that's if hubby and daughter can be bothered of course)

I bet they would love you to go to speedway but on your own. They can have a night off.

• Like 1

They are boosting averages by 1.4 for former Elite riders, so some clubs will quite easily reach 50.

Really?!?!? After the 1st set of greensheets you believe some teams would have maintained a 50 average?!?!?

Edited by Danny Smith
  • Like 2

happy days no more ringers being brought

in at the end of the season or big fixtures

• Like 9